82U55 hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Hey Phil I FINALLY got it done!! Threw in a coupla of the sport 40 for the heck of it!!

Okay, i screwed this up royally..can someone tell me how to organize this so i dont use up so much space? sorry, Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Phil I FINALLY got it done!! Threw in a coupla of the sport 40 for the heck of it!! Okay, i screwed this up royally..can someone tell me how to organize this so i dont use up so much space? sorry, Bill
Great looking boats Bill! Now get back to work on the Pay N Pack. :lol: :lol: :lol: Glenn Gates

HEY GOOD JOB, Hope you dont find any new boat bugs. What setup for the fuel and radio box did you do? I see the antenna in the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Phil I FINALLY got it done!! Threw in a coupla of the sport 40 for the heck of it!! Okay, i screwed this up royally..can someone tell me how to organize this so i dont use up so much space? sorry, Bill
Bill are you IMPBA or NAMBA? Reason i ask is the drive dog is back too far for IMPBA. Sucks but for this hull in IMPBA its gotta be under the transom. Just asking heck you may not even have the motor in in this shot...........

Looks nice.....the executone colors are some of the nicest ever on a boat. Speaking of colors.....what brand of paint did you use? What codes?

Thanks

Well Bill, since you have it done, are you coming to P.B. this weekend?
Rick, Im ashamed to say that i havent even gotten the boat wet yet....along with the fact that i have VERY limited experiance in 60 scale (ran an old aeromarine hull a couple of years ago as the U-77 Spirit of Dayton Walther...what a complete failure!!) Im not going to be able to make that race....This economy doesnt help either...But i did enter the boat for the winternats, so i guess id better get off my butt and get testing...ive never driven a scale boat that actually handles decent, so im really hoping to see a real difference from the other boat i had...Hope you do well at the race!! Bill

Great looking boats Bill! Now get back to work on the Pay N Pack. :lol: :lol: :lol: Glenn Gates
Gettin ready to glue the bottom on er Glenn....This may end up being the HEAVIEST boat in 1/8th scale history..BOY, did i over build this thing!!!

HEY GOOD JOB, Hope you dont find any new boat bugs. What setup for the fuel and radio box did you do? I see the antenna in the rear.
Phil, i did the same thing with this boat that i did with my sport 40 in that i made a long skinny radio box mounted on the left side of the pipe, as far to the front of the boat as possible... there is a 16 oz and a 4 oz sump tank in the front of the boat and ive got a Mac for power...and not a single spare part for it!! This setup seems to work decent in the sport 40.. Your boats are ABSOLUTLY the simplest hulls that ive ever put together...the sport 40 ran great right off the board....will i be that lucky with the scale boat???ha ha

Bill are you IMPBA or NAMBA? Reason i ask is the drive dog is back too far for IMPBA. Sucks but for this hull in IMPBA its gotta be under the transom. Just asking heck you may not even have the motor in in this shot...........
Im NAMBA so i think im ok...i can move it in a little if i need to..Bill

Looks nice.....the executone colors are some of the nicest ever on a boat. Speaking of colors.....what brand of paint did you use? What codes?
Thanks
Both boats are done in Dupont Imron..and I WILL get you the numbers for the Executone...What amazed me was that for what appears to be a fairly simple paint scheme compared to other unlimiteds it took what seemed FOREVER what with the masking and unmasking and paper etc, etc, etc,!!!

Thanks
Both boats are done in Dupont Imron..and I WILL get you the numbers for the Executone...What amazed me was that for what appears to be a fairly simple paint scheme compared to other unlimiteds it took what seemed FOREVER what with the masking and unmasking and paper etc, etc, etc,!!!
Bill that sport 40 looks awesome it needs some good comments also.

Thanks
Bill, That hull will handle really well for you. I have the exact same boat except (Executone as well) with a Picco 67 EXR turning an X-455/3 and its fast and sits on the water really nice. Its also a smooth riding hull. You will see what I mean when you drive it....

Thanks
Bill that sport 40 looks awesome it needs some good comments also.
Thank you very much!!

Thanks
Bill, That hull will handle really well for you. I have the exact same boat except (Executone as well) with a Picco 67 EXR turning an X-455/3 and its fast and sits on the water really nice. Its also a smooth riding hull. You will see what I mean when you drive it....
Ive got an X-455 2 blade prop on it now......Ill see if i can locate a 3 blade from someone since its working for you.. i appreciate the info as i havent even tried the boat yet!! Thanks, Bill

bill,

beautiful boats. yes, the executone paint scheme is beautifully clean. after looking closely, i see what you mean about difficulty masking those stripes, etc. that paint job is a masterpiece. i can barely spray white primer with an aerosol can.

i haven't owned a phil thomas hull but several friends raced the 82U55 hull for several yrs before getting out of nitro and running gas boats.

i run gas boats and i'd love to see phil make a larger version of that hull for gas power, maybe 45-46 inches long.

i think it would make a great gas "scale".

i know he offers a gas cowl for that hull, i used 2 of them for "scratch" gas hydro projects, but i think a larger hull for gas power would run better.

same thoughts about his sport 40. i think both hulls would make great gas boats.

anyway, i wanted to tell you how much i like your boats and beautiful paint jobs. thanks for the pics.

dave w.

bill,
beautiful boats. yes, the executone paint scheme is beautifully clean. after looking closely, i see what you mean about difficulty masking those stripes, etc. that paint job is a masterpiece. i can barely spray white primer with an aerosol can.

i haven't owned a phil thomas hull but several friends raced the 82U55 hull for several yrs before getting out of nitro and running gas boats.

i run gas boats and i'd love to see phil make a larger version of that hull for gas power, maybe 45-46 inches long.

i think it would make a great gas "scale".

i know he offers a gas cowl for that hull, i used 2 of them for "scratch" gas hydro projects, but i think a larger hull for gas power would run better.

same thoughts about his sport 40. i think both hulls would make great gas boats.

anyway, i wanted to tell you how much i like your boats and beautiful paint jobs. thanks for the pics.

dave w.
Thank you for the compliments Dave....sometimes i think WE model boaters must be CRAZY! We spend so much time, labor and money to make a model race boat look as nice as we possibly can, then throw it in the water with 6 or 7 other boats at the same time KNOWING full and well that in a instant it can be turned into a kit again! God, i love model boating!!! Bill

Back