8255 85 Miss Rock Hull Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Johnstone

Hi all, I have a question if I may, it relates to the underside of the kit I am building which is MHR 8255, 85 Miss Rock. Now from all of the pictures of builds that I have seen, the front section is all on one plane, on the kit I have, the centre/engine tub sits lower than the adjacent sections (sections either side of centre tub but inside the sponsons) the rear section is fine, that is all on the one plane. Now there is doted lines on the centre tub, if I was to cut on the dotted line the front would appear to then be on the one plane, should I have done this? Just not sure, any ideas/suggestions? Also, when sheeting the bottom should I tack the sheeting with CA glue and then epoxy the inside when the bottom sheeting is finished or use epoxy to join the sheeting to the frame as well as epoxying the inside? Thanks.

I think most are cutting to the dotted lines. I would glue the bottom on with Epoxy coating the frames and transom

Wayne, I knew someone had asked me about this, and I could not remember who! That piece you are talking about is there to help form a belly pan. It extends lower in that area so you have more room for engine, motor or batteries. It also helps disrupt air flow to make the boat more stable. With the original Newton 8255, I had to cut in a pan after I finished my paintjob as the boat was flighty. When I redid the kit, I changed tunnel width, break point and incorporated those belly wings in hopes it would help keep the boat on the water. I guess its your choice weither to keep them or cut them! Take care, Mike

Latest posts

Back