78 Circus Circus for sale on EBay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except for all the doubletalk. A "very rare Dumas 1978 Circus Circus" my a$$. That's the 1973 Pay N' Pak kit with a different cowling and aftermarket decals. The only Circus Circus kit Dumas ever sold is the turbine boat they still sell. Also, how many competitive racers in the early to mid 1980s ran a Dumas hull? Considering the weight of one of those, it looks to me like all wind bag hype and not a lot of truth. What can I say, typical E-bay bull.

Except for all the doubletalk. A "very rare Dumas 1978 Circus Circus" my a$$. That's the 1973 Pay N' Pak kit with a different cowling and aftermarket decals. The only Circus Circus kit Dumas ever sold is the turbine boat they still sell. Also, how many competitive racers in the early to mid 1980s ran a Dumas hull? Considering the weight of one of those, it looks to me like all wind bag hype and not a lot of truth. What can I say, typical E-bay bull.

So, there's a lot of cr-- on EBay, I take it.

So, there's a lot of cr-- on EBay, I take it.
Every so often good stuff does pop up on Ebay, it's all a matter of being able to pick the pepper out of the fly poop. :p

Your right Don,

There's nothing wrong with the boat, the problem is that seller's should call it like it is and not try to pass it for something that its not.

Someone that knows exactly what a miss circus looks like can see those things, myself on the other hand didn't know that they only made it with the turbine.

so you get a newbie to buy a boat that in the end is not whats advertised.

Except for all the doubletalk. A "very rare Dumas 1978 Circus Circus" my a$. That's the 1973 Pay N' Pak kit with a different cowling and aftermarket decals. The only Circus Circus kit Dumas ever sold is the turbine boat they still sell. Also, how many competitive racers in the early to mid 1980s ran a Dumas hull? Considering the weight of one of those, it looks to me like all wind bag hype and not a lot of truth. What can I say, typical E-bay bull.
Hydro,

I think the seller has change the pictures because the first time I looked at the auction the pics were from a different Miss circus (the pink and white).

Maybe I was looking at an other auction, anyway since I'm new, why do you say this is a 73 pay n pak kit, I have found a pin and whatever its called photos showing two 78 circus circus one with the Pay N' Pak cowl and the pin with the cowl like the one on Ebay?

Now I'm confused!

Except for all the doubletalk. A "very rare Dumas 1978 Circus Circus" my a$. That's the 1973 Pay N' Pak kit with a different cowling and aftermarket decals. The only Circus Circus kit Dumas ever sold is the turbine boat they still sell. Also, how many competitive racers in the early to mid 1980s ran a Dumas hull? Considering the weight of one of those, it looks to me like all wind bag hype and not a lot of truth. What can I say, typical E-bay bull.
Hydro,

I think the seller has change the pictures because the first time I looked at the auction the pics were from a different Miss circus (the pink and white).

Maybe I was looking at an other auction, anyway since I'm new, why do you say this is a 73 pay n pak kit, I have found a pin and whatever its called photos showing two 78 circus circus one with the Pay N' Pak cowl and the pin with the cowl like the one on Ebay?

Now I'm confused!
What he is sayng is that Dumas never made a kit of that Circus Circus. Only the cabover one. If this was a dumas kit it had to be the 1973 Pay N Pak kit converted to a Circus Circus.

Real 1978 Circus

If you look at

http://newtonmarine.com/108_plans.html

you will find the 1973 Pay N' Pak AND the 1978 Circus Circus. The only difference in the two hulls is at the transom, the Pak is flat topped while the Circus Circus has an arc with nontrips that extend above the deck. Beyond that, the only difference between the two boats is the cowling and paint. Seeing the flat topped transom on the Ebay boat, it was easy to see what the guy had done.

If you look at http://newtonmarine.com/108_plans.html

you will find the 1973 Pay N' Pak AND the 1978 Circus Circus. The only difference in the two hulls is at the transom, the Pak is flat topped while the Circus Circus has an arc with nontrips that extend above the deck. Beyond that, the only difference between the two boats is the cowling and paint. Seeing the flat topped transom on the Ebay boat, it was easy to see what the guy had done.
I see,

thanx Hydro.

Dan.

Hey Don,

I sold the Close Call to Mike Allen in Florida last fall and he's been lovin it ever since. That originally was probably the highest cost ever on Ebay for a scale hydro. I know! I paid it. LOL

Bill Brandt

Hey Don,
I sold the Close Call to Mike Allen in Florida last fall and he's been lovin it ever since. That originally was probably the highest cost ever on Ebay for a scale hydro. I know! I paid it. LOL

Bill Brandt
Hey Bill how ya been doin'? Mike & I talk often, he now also owns my '94 Smokin' Joe's. He told me the C.C. is as pretty as ever. That was one P.I.A. paint job. :eek:

Double talk, you guys are to much! Your heads are getting to big for your hats if you ask me.

I was asked by a friend to sell this boat and it was presented on Ebay according to the info given to me. Turns out this boat was raced by a well known Canadian Racer (a Mr Moore deceased) and is a nice replica of the 78 Circus Circus. It was a dialed in boat back when she was raced. The motor is like new also. What more do you want?

I also had a very low starting bid, was not asking an arm a leg for it like some of these 8th scale trailer queens.

It was sold to a talented local nitro racer as a welcome addition to his fleet, and he got a great deal!

Moral is you never know whos listening so watch who your bad mouthing.

KRJoye

NAMBA 1818

Last edited by a moderator:
Back