77-81 ATLAS Sponson Brace placement?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.R.Joye

Looking for approx location of sponson brace location. Anyone have a front 3/4 or something showing braces. I first noticed them after reviewing an old Atlas tribute video. Also looking for cockpit and instrumentation Pics for the 77-78 U-00.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go down to south Seattle tomorrow, so I'll try to get to the Museum and see if I can get some measurementsto give you at leastsomeplace to start

Hydro Junkie

Been there, they won't be on the 82 its a canard boat. But i really appreciate the offer.

Funny, I didn't notice them on PTs boat. :unsure:

Been there, they won't be on the 82 its a canard boat. But i really appreciate the offer.

The museum also has Bill Muncey's boat, but I am not sure where they keep it. Also, it is a superficial rebuild after the crash.

Your best bet is to contact Don Mock. He knows everything Atlas.

[email protected]

Send me your email address, I have one pic I can send you. It is of the boat running so I am not sure how good it is for placing the supports but at least you can see them.

Wow, i wasn't aware they had the crash boat. Thanks so much for your help.

My email for Pic : [email protected]

The museum also has Bill Muncey's boat, but I am not sure where they keep it. Also, it is a superficial rebuild after the crash.

Your best bet is to contact Don Mock. He knows everything Atlas.

[email protected]

Send me your email address, I have one pic I can send you. It is of the boat running so I am not sure how good it is for placing the supports but at least you can see them.

Found a good sponson brace pic(attached), now i just need the instrument panel.

My boat will be the `81' BLUE BLASTER version, U-00 w/NACA canopy ducts

77_Atlas_Sponson_Brace.jpg

I was at the Museum on Saturday for the Roger Newton Memorial. This boat was there, outside, getting a bit weathered. It is later than the year you are looking for so doesn't have the sponson brace. But it is there if you need other measurements.

I didn't have my camera but i could be convinced to go back down if there is something you really need.

They also have the Miss U, if anyone wants to build that.

Back