72 notre dame

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

Supporting Member
i just go t my new / used notre dame boat steve muck 108 i will be putting a picco .67 in it im real excited about this boat. any info or help to this boat would be appreciated even maybe some history of the real boat.

no experience with the Muck 108 hull but do have some history info for you.

interesting 3 part article / interview with former ND crew member that worked on the 1969 Karelsen rd nose and the 1972 Jones picklefork, ( newton 108 plan / muck 108 hull ).

these articles appear in the feb / mar / april 2005 issues of the Unlimited News Journal.

the history of shirley mcdonald's ND boats , 1962 - 1972 , is very interesting. as you may have read i'm currently looking for pics and info about the 1965 Shu Shu.

good luck with your muck 108. imo, that beautifully clean '72 ND paint scheme was best looking boat of that era.

dave

Did you get a copy of the instructions with it?
no i bought the boat used already built
PM sent. I've got the same hull, but it was stripped almost bare before I got it. It came with graphics for the 78 Circus. If I hadn't found this one, I was probably going to build the 72 Notre Dame from plans. It's currently number 3 on my project list.

I sure like mine, but it isn't a Muck hull.
Bill, I'm intrested in how your hull is set up regarding fuel tanks/radio box/ pipe. Are you willing to share or post a few pictures? Recently purchased a velasco hull /no stringers of the 1972 Notre dame. Thanks', Glenn :rolleyes:

Glenn,

You might actually prefer the pics of a Velasco hul, Dave and I built from the ground up as a 78 Circus...It is a screamer. Let me know and I'll take some pics.

I will say that I use a 2" Speedmaster rudder extension on both and it has worked very well on both. I also use a very large skid fin on both with no hook. Neither boat worked with smaller ones. Don't ask me why, I don't know, lol.

Bill

Glenn,
You might actually prefer the pics of a Velasco hul, Dave and I built from the ground up as a 78 Circus...It is a screamer. Let me know and I'll take some pics.

I will say that I use a 2" Speedmaster rudder extension on both and it has worked very well on both. I also use a very large skid fin on both with no hook. Neither boat worked with smaller ones. Don't ask me why, I don't know, lol.

Bill
Bill, I would prefer pics of the Velasco hull. Interesting info on the skid fin. I made a few this winter 2 5/8 wide with 3 1/2 inches in the water/no hook-was planing to make it adjustable @ 12-15 degrees. Am I in the ballpark as far as the size/angle ? Thanks', Glenn

Back