68 Budweiser 101-C

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68Bud

I am going to finally start building my 68 Budweiser 1/8th scale. It is from Newton 101-C plans and I cut it out as drawn. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or mods they've done to make their Karelson perform?

Thanks,

Scott

I am going to finally start building my 68 Budweiser 1/8th scale. It is from Newton 101-C plans and I cut it out as drawn. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or mods they've done to make their Karelson perform?

Thanks,

Scott
Make the bottom flat up past the front sponson pads to reduce lift, or put in 16 oz lead.

I redid the bottom on my epoxyglass Karleson kit I sell and it was much better.

If you need a cowl and fin I have those parts for it.

PHIL T

http://www.metimeliverc.com/HobbyShop/PhilThomasHydros/tabid/236/agentType/View/PropertyID/18/Default.aspx

Phil,

When you make the bottom flat up past the front sponson pads - do you then make a steeper (upward) curve in the bottom closer to the front of the boat?

I have the lazer cut kit, looking to make Miss Vernors round nose one day.

Dave

Phil,

When you make the bottom flat up past the front sponson pads - do you then make a steeper (upward) curve in the bottom closer to the front of the boat?

I have the lazer cut kit, looking to make Miss Vernors round nose one day.

Dave
Well yes the line has to get to the nose somehow. I think the angle started about 3 degrees then about 7 degrees about 6 inches from the nose. Lay the engine well frame on a sheet of paper and redraw the bottom line with a gradual curve.

"Well yes the line has to get to the nose somehow. I think the angle started about 3 degrees then about 7 degrees about 6 inches from the nose. Lay the engine well frame on a sheet of paper and redraw the bottom line with a gradual curve."

Hey Dave,

Be gentle with Phil - it only took 20 years for us to convince him to reduce the angle of attack on the bottom of his SS45 and his Karelsen round nose. We're going to try and get his 8255 hull squared away next - Har, Har !!! Phil's Timex and Sport42 round nose hulls raced well at the 2010 NAMBA Nats - he just wouldn't stay to run with us in Scale later in the week. He was starting to melt. GOTCHA Phil!!! Har, Har !!!

Here are a couple of pictures of the bottom of an Ira Cotton round nose that will give you a visual. This is a very good running hull. CHEERS !!! Bob

"Well yes the line has to get to the nose somehow. I think the angle started about 3 degrees then about 7 degrees about 6 inches from the nose. Lay the engine well frame on a sheet of paper and redraw the bottom line with a gradual curve."

Hey Dave,

Be gentle with Phil - it only took 20 years for us to convince him to reduce the angle of attack on the bottom of his SS45 and his Karelsen round nose. We're going to try and get his 8255 hull squared away next - Har, Har !!! Phil's Timex and Sport42 round nose hulls raced well at the 2010 NAMBA Nats - he just wouldn't stay to run with us in Scale later in the week. He was starting to melt. GOTCHA Phil!!! Har, Har !!!

Here are a couple of pictures of the bottom of an Ira Cotton round nose that will give you a visual. This is a very good running hull. CHEERS !!! Bob
There you go pictures worth thousand words, My roundnose is a good running boat. I set the sponosn angle down too. Those hulls were first designed when good running boat was 50mph and have too much lift for the weight and speed we can achieve today.

82U55 is another hull that is wide and a lot of lift, mine was just a scaled up sport45 boat. ran well but did have the bottom flattend, Im sure you can get it better too. That is your WOF favorite scale boat.

Bob You guys will have the meltdown in Evansville, wont be a four boat race like Namba 2010 :D

Hope you can come, Rick will be planning to come.

"Bob You guys will have the meltdown in Evansville, wont be a four boat race like Namba 2010 :D

Hope you can come, Rick will be planning to come."

Hey Phil,

I can see it now now: "Brand "X" invades Evansville". If I drag my arse that far North, you'd better be lining up some goods places to eat. Between Dixie Crossroads in Titusville, Pier 54 there in Reserve area - we're used to eatin' pretty good. I'll make sure Rick packs his Bar B Queing Chefs hat just in case we have to fend for ourselves. Been so long since I've been that far North - - will I need a Visa, or my Passport ??? Har, Har !!! NAMBA Nats being at Legg Lake is a strong draw for my wife. Our yoiungest and two "newest" Grander Kids live in San Diego area - - Decision, Decisions !!! May just have to finish the new Scale boat so you won't have to look at that Oberto again. It will look a whole lot like Rick's Coors Light. CHEERS !!! Bob

Latest posts

Back