.67 goldhead cmb 2 glow plugs information

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its unlikely that parts are available from CMB. There are people that still have the older engines along with parts that you will see on IA once and awhile. Since the introduction of the Greenhead CMB 67 there have been many improvements like timming, head buttons and large carbs. There are many people on IA that have modified the older motors to run really well, however why do that when the Green, Blue and latest 67 engines are such great motors.

Where can I get parts,and how competitive would it be with today's engine's.
Parts will be hard to find. Performance stock vs a stock current motor really needs any a comparison.
You would be better off keeping an eye out for a greenhead or blue head used.

Those old disk motors in the right hands can scream and will run with the pack.Woods rc use to modify them square bore the carb and rework the disk clearance and timing.I remember when tidewater was blowing them out the door for 175.00 those were the days!

Where can I get parts,and how competitive would it be with today's engine's.
Check with Alan Elzer....seems he bought all of Stu's NOS parts for that series CMB engines.

We had a new one we sold, with NOS spare parts, but converted to single plug setup, and installed a 45 RS EVO backplate with Speedmaster carb.

And, yes, with some mods they can be quite competitive.

IMG_20231004_112712812~2.jpg
IMG_20231004_112753320~2.jpg

They’ll run… trust me.. just takes a little finesse.
Hell, I still love my old OPS motors, at least I can still make them scream…

Never really saw the advantage of a dual plug head, other that burning up twice as many glow plugs…or blowing V notch’s thru the tops of pistons..
and I’ve done duals, triples and quads.. in a twin it looked like a **** glow plug caddy… 🤣

Check with Alan Elzer....seems he bought all of Stu's NOS parts for that series CMB engines.

We had a new one we sold, with NOS spare parts, but converted to single plug setup, and installed a 45 RS EVO backplate with Speedmaster carb.

And, yes, with some mods they can be quite competitive.

View attachment 327887
View attachment 327888
That thing is clean!!!
Very nice Timbo !

Back