67 Atlas Vanlines colors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimClark

?Can anyone tell me if the color of the 67 Atlas vanlines is the same as the pickelfork?

663328027_rzTRy-L.jpg

49722723_xVGrQ-L.jpg

Jim Clark

That is what I thought thanks Harry

Jim

Looks a shade or two lighter to me, maybe Miniczar knows for sure. Might not be a bad idea to send him a PM or an email through http://www.newtonmarine.com
The 1967 Atlas was green not blue. I don't know the exact colors but it was defitinely grren white and red. No blue at all.
One of the guys in Florida should be able to help. I got this pic froma guy down there but was looking for this one

sometimes the water reflecting can make things not as they seem, both nice hull's if you notice the first blue looking boat is set up with either, no turn fin, or it's on the left for left turn??

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can tell, it looks like it turns left since the water out is on the boat's right side

That is what I thought thanks Harry

Jim

Looks a shade or two lighter to me, maybe Miniczar knows for sure. Might not be a bad idea to send him a PM or an email through http://www.newtonmarine.com
The 1967 Atlas was green not blue. I don't know the exact colors but it was defitinely grren white and red. No blue at all.
One of the guys in Florida should be able to help. I got this pic froma guy down there but was looking for this one
Of course these two pictures are of different boats. The first is the 1967 Atlas, te very first Atlas. This was followed in 1968 by the long flat 35" Atlas that rolled at Seafair. The second pic is of 1969 Atlas, which becane the Atlas Van Lines II in 1970 when the cabover Atlas first boat designed by Jim Lucero came out. Not to be confused with Bill Muncey's Blue Blaster which didn't come out until 1977.

Oh but I like that '70 U-29 atlas.

Always thought it would be a good scale... no wings to lose, pickle, and can have modern ride pads , easy access to engine, not many modeled. Easy paint job.

Plus Atlas headquarters is in my hometown... Evansville, Indiana

Latest posts

Back