• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

.21 STUFF WANTED [last minute check]

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hi everyone,

im going to get the assembly of my new .21 mono underway, and before i start buying everything new, i'd like to check to make sure nobody's willing to sell me any of it used. here's a list of stuff i still need, if you've got any of it either reply or drop me an IM:

-adjustable strut, 3/16" bore

-3/16" flexshaft, drive dog, etc.

-tuned pipe, depending on how much a CMB will cost from morten

-any props that might work with a 32" mono running a REX .21 engine

-collet to fit a 3/16" shaft and .21 engine output shaft

-hopefully i've got the rest of the hardware covered, otherwise i'll add it in [erin, your stuff is my first choice for rudder/fins/tabs, i REALLY like that .18 mount]

-nice radiobox with a clear lid

-high-torque servo for steering

-failsafe [do i need one?]

-starter coil for electric starter

thanks for looking,

Joe

Sounds pretty close. Go with the TT pipe if you are getting a CMB pipe. They are so quiet that you can hear the water splashing off the hull! At about $38.00, they're a bargain. I've still got that Aeromaine strut and rudder if you are interested. It's never been used. I 'll let it go cheap! I have no use for it. Start with a X440/3 Octura and go from there.

Failsafes are not needed but always a good addition to your radio system for those just in case times.

If you are interested, I can send it to you then you can pay me later just to show your Mother that I can be trusted! Hi Mom! ;D

ron,

i think i've seen one of those pipes, do they have a really rounded main chamber [kind of like a big 2 liter soda can with a stinger]? the one i saw was like that and it made the boat [.21 mono] sound like an elec. i was launching for the guy, so it was a shock when he switched to that pipe! i'm not set on the CMB or anything, it's just club rules we have some type of muffler or quiet pipe, and as much as i like Mike's stinger mufflers the price of a standard pipe plus a muffler is alot. then again, a MAC .21 marine pipe from tower and one of his mufflers costs less than a Brown quiet pipe or something like that.

i've already asked Propjockey if he would make a rudder for me [not sure if he'll be able to yet], but if he can't or doesn't have the time then all you need to do is name a price and i'll send the money. as for the strut, i'm definitly interested, let me know how much you want for it. i'll wait on the prop untill i've got everything else complete in case someone's selling one, if not though where do you recommend getting it from? i can't balance and sharpen stuff myself so where i get props from dictates what the prop will perform like.

Joe

Rod, I don't know why CMB calls it a TT pipe, that's what it says on it. Maybe Turbo something? Some racers were cutting the muffler off it before the muffler rule, I don't know why, maybe they couldn't hear their boat over the others!

Joe, I'll send you a PM with a price. It looks pretty much like a regular tuned pipe with a muffled section welded on and is flat black.

oh, okay, i'm thinking of a different one then...the only distinct CMB i've seen is a black one that's really big for a .21 and has two almost equally-sized chambers.

didn't get your PM, did you get around to sending it?

maybe the site only holds 99 pms, that's what i'm at right now. i'd think it would just delete the first one to add a new one though. i'll delete the first few.

Joe

Ron,

OKay I didn't see the word CMB in front of the TT. I use the skinny black pipe on my CMB 67's and they work great.

Also, I have a Nova Rossi .21 inboard. The header is really to short to keep the pipe on at 3 1/2 inches without it sliding out of the coupler. Have any couplers laying around that aren't cut??

okay,

i think i've got the rudder and strut. [Ron's aeromarine stuff]

everything else i'm still looking for though.

thanks,

Joe

Back