2012 Northwest nitro final

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh! How much room is there at the far end of the course? From the video it looks like the bank is in about lane 6!

Yes, and when you factor in the glare from the sun later in the day.....wow!!!!

R/C Unlimiteds and, if I remember right, Unlimiteds NW both have run 5 lap finals for well over 2 decades. Marty would know for sure but I also BELIEVE that the NAMBA rulebook calls for 5 laps on this length course as well

Last edited by a moderator:
The rules for this race are a combination of UNW, RCU, rules that I have run under in So Cal, and ones that Marty and I thought would be in the best interest of this race. They were based on lake size and what we thought the boaters were used to. A drivers meeting handout is given to all entrants so there are no surprises.

Some clubs run three lap qualifiers and some five. Some give 25 points for a DNF and some 0. Some have established committed lanes at certain parts of the course and some based on the audio clock. Some clubs allow entering more than one boat in the same class. Some run 5 lap finals and some 6. No records are set so the final can be any

pre-determined number of laps. This race just happens to be 5. Mill pattern differences is another example. I forgot that one.

Personally, I think that Marty does a great job with this race. I haven't missed a race since its inception 9 years a go.

Thanks,

Al Waters

Al,

Thanks for answer. I just thought it was a mistake as I have not been to a race anywere that has not been 6 laps sence namba adopted the 6 lap, one mile course. looks like you just got to make your move early! LOL

This race is awesome,nothing like racing scale boats all weekend long. The course did not seem tight to me till a boat died on the end,when two died it was pucker time. Luckily Al and Marty knew and would become your cd spotter and give you all the information you needed to make a wise choice. West Coast boaters are lucky to have the likes of Al and Marty holding races and c/ding them as well.

Looks like the first turn at Celina Ohio to me! Tighter than a mouses ear :)

Back