20 whiplash radio box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Hulbert

Would like to get some pics of other peoples radio box layouts for the sport 20 hull. I am in the process of figuring a layout for mine and would like some ideas from others. Two and three servo layout wanted as a third channel may be used for remote needle. Servos considered in my install are 1 or 2 hs-81mg for throttle and remote needle and a hs-645 for rudder. On/ Off switch and antenna location as well.

Was considering a stagger stacking setup for the hs-81mg's due to pushrod seal area avalable in the box.

Also the use of aluminum L brackets for mounting the servos too.

Lets see your setups and hear your ideas as to what I have considerd.

Thanks.

Thomas

I put two mini servos on top of eachother towards the front with the 3rd channel glued to the front section. Standard size hi torque in the back. Receiver between the two mini servos and the outside wall of the boat (under the deck) and battery pack between the mini servos and the steering servo. Antenna exists between the rudder servo and the outside wall thru the deck. It is tight, but you can get everything to fit with room to spare.

I put two mini servos on top of eachother towards the front with the 3rd channel glued to the front section. Standard size hi torque in the back. Receiver between the two mini servos and the outside wall of the boat (under the deck) and battery pack between the mini servos and the steering servo. Antenna exists between the rudder servo and the outside wall thru the deck. It is tight, but you can get everything to fit with room to spare.

Thanks Brian for letting me know that I was in the right frame of thaught as to doing the layout in the 20 whiplash. Wanted other feedback to make sure I was on the right track as to the servo layout. Have yet to put the upper deck skins on since one skin is part of the radio box so not to interfear with hand movement in doing the placement of the servo mounts and seals.

Look forward to running it next year.

Back