2.4 radio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave roach

Vendor
It's time to buy a new radio and I have been looking at the 2.4 dx4c dsmr 4 channel transmitter and the sr410 receiver I would like PRO and CON on this radio.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

Pass on that man. You will regret it terribly.

Get a Futaba or HiTec's new radio is good also.

If you do buy a Spectrum run it a while in a few boats that you don't mind needing to replace them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave,

I have 5 of the 3PMX radios and I run the Futaba R-603 receivers.

Great radio in my opinion. Just under $200.00

Enjoy Testing It,

Mark Sholund

Interesting comment on the Spektrum. I have run them quite a bit in boats with no problems at all. A good friend of mine just bought a brand new 3pmx and destroyed the first boat he ran with it due to lack of range.

Eric

Your friend did he do a range check before he put the boat in the water.

Got my 3PM when they first came out. Not a single glitch in the many years I have ran it. I did a range check on a river and had to use binoculars to see which way the boat was facing. For under $200 it's almost a no-brainer.

Drink the coolaid or.. buy what wins..

FUTABA

Grim
Agree and that's with a capital K.
default_laugh.png
OMHO

I owned a 3PMX. NO ISSUES. went to a hitech Lynx 4S. No issues. The Hitec has many more features. You can get it with the proton recieve and have realtime GPS speed. Or the the axion 4 reciever with no GPS and it's cheaper slightly more then the 3 pm's. But in a differant level of radios.

I put 2.4 modules in my 3PK's and have never had a glitch with the transmitter or the 603FF recievers either. The 3PK modules no longer sold in the US but are still available through some of the Hong Kong/Singapore hobby sites on ebay.

When I started building with carbon fiber I started buying the longer antennas for the 603FF. You can get them from Tower, but you have to call and ask the guys in their repair section (Hobby Services). There is a youtube video showing how to do it.

Thanks for the INFO guys.I order a Futaba 3pmx today.
Dave,

Read the manual fully when you get it.

Important you use PPM for if either or both servo's are analogue. HRS ONLY if BOTH are digital. Everything is better in HRS with both digital servo's.

Don't let anyone tell you there is no difference. It is night and day and in HRS the failsafes for all channels can be set to work seamlessly. In PPM you must set it every time radio is shut off and it is only for channel 2 (throttle).

Look into getting a LiPo pack for it straight away as it is so convenient to go months before needing a recharge.

Not sure what else to say except excellent choice man. Be happy you got it right.

P/S do not fold or bend the coax tightly ever as it is not a regular wire and very delicate in comparison to FM stranded wire antenna's. Never pass it through the box. Many leave it taped to the lid inside or if you want the best range then mount receiver on Velcro underside of the lid and put a antenna tube right where the wire exits the receiver and go up. The length it is is all you need it doesn't need to be replaced with a longer one as it doesn't need to be any taller just be there and vertical is better more wire is just more that can be damaged or caught on a servo horn or linkage. NEVER EVER fold the antenna over the tube and cap it with the tip cap. One time like that and the antenna is shot. It is the last inch that is the actual antenna and it is all the same wire only the outer shield has been stripped away exposing the center core.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back