1st test and destruction session 06'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn 787

I finally got my scale on the water today to test a few changes along with a couple turn fins and props. The Tyndall fin made a big improvement in the turns. I did have a slight tracking problem right. Next was testing a modified X465.....fastest the boats ever run but the tracking problem got worse and if I made any corections left she gone. Made some little changes to no avail. I did manage to break the front half of the cowl in 3 places, broke the tail fin off again and a few other minor dings. I had most of the prep work done on some sponson repairs before today and was planning on painting tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like the prop worked good , maybe too good. Any pictures of it on the water? I can't wait to get my boat out on the water for her first run this year.

Glenn,

You may want to try a smaller propeller with more cup an X-465 is pretty big

for a scale boat. I think a cut down X-462 would be plenty.

Have Fun Painting & Testing,

Mark Sholund

looks like the prop worked good , maybe too good. Any pictures of it on the water? I can't wait to get my boat out on the water for her first run this year.
Here's a pic from last year

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=0

Glenn,You may want to try a smaller propeller with more cup an X-465 is pretty big

for a scale boat. I think a cut down X-462 would be plenty.

Have Fun Painting & Testing,

Mark Sholund
I have a few more things I want to try before I go back down in prop size. The boat never had any handling issues like it did yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back