1990 Mr Pringles Cowl Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Smith

Hello,

Does anyone know if the 1990 Mr Pringles (last year Pringles sponsored the U-8 boat) ever ran with the higher profile cowl that was seen the next year in the SuperRange Golf and the following year in the Tide? I like the later cowl but cannot find any pics of the Pringles boat running the higher profile cowl. Link below from RC Boatcompany shows that the Tide team actually had both cowls. Did the Pringles team have both as well? Thx

http://www.rcboatcompany.com/files/1992_U-8_Tide_Hull_8808_52_.JPG

pringles1.JPG

tide1.JPG

Thanks Joe. First two pics from LV are what I needed. Never saw that other cowl before...on any boat. Looks kinda odd. Thanks again :)

The Budweiser tried a cowl like that a couple of times around the same time frame. It was mainly used in salt water or water that was particularly alkaline. The high desert lakes a lot of times have a high alkaline level.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember right, the Bud cowl was much smaller than the Jif version, just don't remember if it was on T-1 in 86 or T-2 in 87

Back