1988 Miller canopy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

Can anyone tell me if the Dumas Circus Circus kit can be used to make the 1988 Miller High Life U31 ? Is there alot of modification needed to the cowl and hull or is it not too difficult? I can do some moding but don't have alot of skill or tools for major changes.

Can anyone tell me if the Dumas Circus Circus kit can be used to make the 1988 Miller High Life U31 ? Is there alot of modification needed to the cowl and hull or is it not too difficult? I can do some moding but don't have alot of skill or tools for major changes.
Yep, the Dumas Circus boat, will make the U-31 Miller. Pretty much all that's needed is to change the paint. Good boat, I campaigned one last year. With the right power and prop it can be competitive. Seal it up good, there's lots of places in the Dumas design for water to get in.

good luck

gh

I thought it would. The photos are deciving. The Miller canopy seems to have a narrower and windshield that extends further back towards the intake area. I am assuming that this can be accomplished when you cut out the windshield area on the cowl?

In reality the 88 Circus and 88 Miller were the same boat just painted differently. The miller boat was in a crash that year and I have a photo of the miller boat with the circus engine cowling and a partial pink wing. It almost looks like a photo shop job really strange.

The most noticable difference between the real boat and Dumas kit is the back of the cowl where the exhaust tube exits. When you compare the two you'll see the difference.

You'll notice the Dumas boat is much narrower than most models of that era. It'l take more horsepower to push that boat than most but with the right prop it will go!

Add cup to a 457 and attach it to a greeny, it'll scoot right along.

gh

Latest posts

Back