1988 Circus Circus Fiberglass wing set

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriscrash

Supporting Member
Looking for someone that also makes the wingset for this boat. I am building the Dumas Miller American and I think that it can make the 1988 U-31 Circus Circus. I really don't know the difference between the U-31 and the U-00.

Thanks guys,

Chris

Looking for someone that also makes the wingset for this boat. I am building the Dumas Miller American and I think that it can make the 1988 U-31 Circus Circus. I really don't know the difference between the U-31 and the U-00.
Thanks guys,

Chris
I also have Jone style wings for the hull if needed B) Thanks , Doug

The U-31 and the U-00 are two different boats. The U-00 Circus was the one that flipped in San Diego with the Holset Miss Mazda that had been on the ESPN crash reels all these years. The paint schemes are different too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

If you are still on the look-out for these parts - try contacting Mac1 on this forum by PM. (he's a forum rookie and asked me to contact you on his behalf) I have an e-mail address for him also if PM doesn't work out.

Tim.

Mike, are you sure the Madison carried the Mazda sponsorship in San Diego? If I remember right, that was the 8806 hull's second race, against Ron Jone's wishes, since the 7325 hull ran most of the season. Ron Snider was the Madison's driver and, after the blow-over, never drove an unlimited again that I know of. I do know that the Miss Madison team leased the U-3 for the last race of the 1988 season. Come to think about it, John Prevost didn't drive again after flipping the U-00 that day either.

It was my goof it was the Holset/Miss Madison. It had a small Mazda decal at the back of the boat but they weren't the title sponsor until later into 89 or 90. Not sure about Snyder....I know I saw the broken boat at Las Vegas which was the next race and they had indeed leased the U6 with Mitch Evans driving. The boat was at Vegas but I didn't see him just Bob Hughes being interviewed.

Prevost and the Circus were there in Vegas too but Prevost never drove again basically because he was a spaz behind the wheel. He hit two other boats that year besides the flip and no one wanted anything to do with him. Some had speculated the only reason he was driving an unlimited anyway is because he and Fran Muncey were dating. I also heard he was having trouble staying out of jail later in life for tax fraud or something along those lines.

Back