1988 Circus Circus Cowling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriscrash

Supporting Member
I am going to build the Dumas Miller American kit and make it the 88 Circus Circus. If anyone has the plug for the fiberglass cowl or can make one for me please let me know. I was told Gary Preuss has the plug but he can only be contacted by phone, and I don't have his number. Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

I am going to build the Dumas Miller American kit and make it the 88 Circus Circus. If anyone has the plug for the fiberglass cowl or can make one for me please let me know. I was told Gary Preuss has the plug but he can only be contacted by phone, and I don't have his number. Any insight would be great.
Thanks,

Chris
I have a used rear cowling that was made into the 90 Circus Circus hull. Or I also have the plug for the cowling. I also have a used front for the 88 C.C. :p Thanks , Doug

Doug,

Do you still have the 88 circus cowling and if so was it the blue sides boat with the long nose? I would be interested in it if you do

I have the plug that will do the 88 cowling (Clown face). I would be willing to sale it . No plans on ever going back there. I also have a front section that was used on a 88 Circus made by TROY MC

I started plugs for the Circus cockpits and cowls last spring but unfortunately I have not been able to get back to them during the race season. We only have two races left and then I will be back into full on building mode as I have a lot of things I want to accomplish this winter. First and foremost will be those pieces. I have basically copied old Troy McIntire pieces and made some minor changes. The contours that flare from the bottom of the windshield down to the deck were not symetrical and I fixed that and the airscoop and cowl were changed to match. Here are some pics of the original pieces. The aircoop pictured has been re done since I wasn't quite happy with those contours.

This is the one for the 8700 88-90 boat as well as the 88 Miller

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1069&pos=1

Here is the one for the 88-89 8401 boat

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1069&pos=2

I'm not sure if Troy did these originally or whether Jeff Hunter did them when he owned RC Sportscraft before Troy. But I am making some updates.

Back