1988 Budweiser

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

Guys i have seen scales from the east coast to the west coast and a few inbetween...What i saw yesterday was a true work of craftmanship both in the build of layup to the final touches of building..The Hardware is a scaled down version of the real Hydroplane,, really that detailed....

The Boat=== Steve @ R/C Boat Company in West Palm Beach Fla , just updated his inventory of scales and this one makes the 88 Budweiser and others..the quality is unmatched...perfect match from bow to stern ..Build time 2 1/2 weeks to build from receiving the hull to the finished product...thats correct 2 1/2 weeks total...when a hull is made correctly it all fits smoothly the first time...Builders comment What a Joy to build could not go to sleep wanted to keep building...Steve is really committed on Fast service and honest answers...

The Builder==== Peter Muller what can i say ,,, if anyone has seen his boats this comes to know surprise to you...the attention to detail and i mean detail has raised the bar that is unmatched...Super clean set up uses the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)

His 1/6 turbine scales have people from allover the world talking...The Build is so detailed it has the inspection ports throughout the hull carbon fiber also used in various areas to keep set up super clean...Custom made fuel tank to fit the boat perfectly keeps this setup plain and trouble free...all hardware is gold anodized and remember looks just like the real ones...The paint job well in a class by itself..second to none..sandind and resanding 1000 then 2000 the finish is WET looking all the time...

Power plant CMB 67 RED HEAD(anodized to matched the BUD RED COLOR) i said attention to detail was not overlooked..

Decals were supplied by Pacific Graphics both on time and awesome detail....

Now your asking all show and no go....WRONG Steve and Peter have done their homework...

What a great asset these two are both for the hobby and Dist 3

Guys if you are thinking about a new scale please give Steve a call you will not be dissapointed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys i have seen scales from the east coast to the west coast and a few inbetween...What i saw yesterday was a true work of craftmanship both in the build of layup to the final touches of building..The Hardware is a scaled down version of the real Hydroplane,, really that detailed....
The Boat=== Steve @ R/C Boat Company in West Palm Beach Fla , just updated his inventory of scales and this one makes the 88 Budweiser and others..the quality is unmatched...perfect match from bow to stern ..Build time 2 1/2 weeks to build from receiving the hull to the finished product...thats correct 2 1/2 weeks total...when a hull is made correctly it all fits smoothly the first time...Builders comment What a Joy to build could not go to sleep wanted to keep building...Steve is really committed on Fast service and honest answers...

The Builder==== Peter Muller what can i say ,,, if anyone has seen his boats this come to know surprise to you...the attention to detail and i mean detail has raised the bar that is unmatched...Super clean set up uses the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)

His 1/6 turbine scales have people from allover the world talking...The Build is so detailed it has the inspection ports throughout the hull carbon fiber also used in various areas to keep set up super clean...Custom made fuel tank to fit the boat perfectly keeps this setup plain and trouble free...all hardware is gold anodized and remember looks just like the real ones...The paint job well in a class by itself..second to none..sandind and resanding 1000 then 2000 the finish is WET looking all the time...

Power plant CMB 67 RED HEAD(anodized to matched the BUD RED COLOR) i said attention to detail was not overlooked..

Now your asking all show and no go....WRONG Steve and Peter have done their homework...

Guys if you are thinking about a new scale please give Steve a call you will not be dissapointed...
How about some good pics of this boat? Make us all drool as we like to see pics of good quality scale boats

The Builder==== Peter Muller what can i say ,,, if anyone has seen his boats this come to know surprise to you...the attention to detail and i mean detail has raised the bar that is unmatched...Super clean set up uses the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)

How about some good pics of this boat? Make us all drool as we like to see pics of good quality scale boats
Pics to follow

Don, what year is that boat? 1987?

Those were the best looking bud boats of all.....

Don, what year is that boat? 1987?Those were the best looking bud boats of all.....
Rob I believe that hull & various "tweaks" of it ran from '86 to '93, in '94 they went to the boring all red. I agree 100%, I've always thought the red, white & gold scheme was the best. :)

Don, what year is that boat? 1987?Those were the best looking bud boats of all.....
Rob I believe that hull & various "tweaks" of it ran from '86 to '93, in '94 they went to the boring all red. I agree 100%, I've always thought the red, white & gold scheme was the best. :)
The boat needs to be 1990 or later. They went to the more straight up and down and more oval scoop that year. Also as the boat has rounded sponsons and the tiplets it probably needs tobe at least 1991. Unfortunately that makes the driver's name incorrect as Kropfeld never drove the boat in that configuration.

Small details like that aside, the boat is awesomely well done. Nice looking, and knowing the huill, I am sure it willl be both quick and stable. It looks great.

The boat needs to be 1990 or later. They went to the more straight up and down and more oval scoop that year. Also as the boat has rounded sponsons and the tiplets it probably needs tobe at least 1991. Unfortunately that makes the driver's name incorrect as Kropfeld never drove the boat in that configuration.

Small details like that aside, the boat is awesomely well done. Nice looking, and knowing the huill, I am sure it willl be both quick and stable. It looks great.
THE BEST BUD BOAT EVER was the offset cockpit some day i will have one of those Are YOU listening HAHN LOL

THE BEST BUD BOAT EVER was the offset cockpit some day i will have one of those Are YOU listening HAHN LOL
I am afraid you are incorrect Mike. I would think you would know better. The best Bud ever is the 1985 Bubble Bud, closely followed by the 1973 boat. :)

Kropfeld started the 88 season in miami then tom took over after kropfelds neck problems so the bud historian says!!!!!!

http://www.thunderboats.org/history/history0246.html check it out

Kropfeld started the 88 season in miami then tom took over after kropfelds neck problems so the bud historian says!!!!!!
Yes, Kropfeld drove the boat in 88, but the boat had a different cowling, no tiplets, no rounded edges, not so many championship badges etc.

That was what I was saying.

harry send me a pic of the 88 bud please cause we are looking at two different boats maybe...you are correct on the badges,,hey positive thinking....thanks for your help you are the master when it comes to Budweiser....

harry send me a pic of the 88 bud please cause we are looking at two different boats maybe...you are correct on the badges,,hey positive thinking....thanks for your help you are the master when it comes to Budweiser....
I will find some tonight and send them. Still, this boat looks really great. I think they did a wonderful job on it and I know it will be a good race boat. They just need a better driver than I have.

I will find some tonight and send them. Still, this boat looks really great. I think they did a wonderful job on it and I know it will be a good race boat. They just need a better driver than I have.
thanks Harry.....have a great day...hope all is well....

Trying to find a new boat for my brother. If the Coor's deal goes through, what else do you have in your for sale bin?

Trying to find a new boat for my brother. If the Coor's deal goes through, what else do you have in your for sale bin?
Peter is redoing the Bud to make it a 1993,,,Driver Name,,Turbine tube,, some decals... the MAN is a perfectionist.....Harry thankyou for the help on this BUD you the MAN....I sent you a PM

Peter is redoing the Bud to make it a 1993,,,Driver Name,,Turbine tube,, some decals... the MAN is a perfectionist.....Harry thankyou for the help on this BUD you the MAN....I sent you a PM
If he needs the Chip Hanauer name decal I have the correct one. For that hull it should be the blue Chip name. Let me know if he needs it and i will send it to you.

Harry

Guys just got finished with the maden voyage of this Bud..Wind 11-14 mph cross wind...modified Hughes Fin.. Turns on a dime,,,acceleration from mill to race Awesome.. Hull has no weight in it and handled the crosswind very nicely...Motor still on the rich side so Peter still has more room to work with....Prop is a x-460 2 blade,,, Might still need more prop...Total weight with 24oz of fuel,,14#...

Steve at R/C Boatworks should feel very good about his product...First time out and little to no changes...

Peter is still smilling and was actually shaking(can you believe) !!!!!!!!!!!

I always loved that red white and gold....hated when they went all red. I'm with Harry on the year on this though. The tiplets weren't there in 88-89. The cowl was sleeker, lower profile and vented at the back. Also some of the decals other than the bagdes woould indicate a later year. in 1988 the decals in ther verticals were Exxon, HFC, MerCruiser and APBA. O'Doul's. BlockBuster and RC Cola were early '90s. Beautiful paint job though!

Latest posts

Back