1983 American Speedy Printing / 1983 Executone

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia . I have been trying to find out what most people do about mounting the dummy exhaust stacks to the cowl . I did see some in the members gallery ~ 9 / 17 / 2008 possibly from Don Ferrette which were in 2 pairs of 6 mounted on a base plate . Do these go on the inside of the cowl . The exhaust stacks that I have are all individual pieces and need some repair . I also need a 2nd set of exhaust stacks / Driver for the other boat . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello everybody . This is a enquiry from Australia . I have been trying to find out what most people do about mounting the dummy exhaust stacks to the cowl . I did see some in the members gallery ~ 9 / 17 / 2008 possibly from Don Ferrette which were in 2 pairs of 6 mounted on a base plate . Do these go on the inside of the cowl . The exhaust stacks that I have are all individual pieces and need some repair . I also need a 2nd set of exhaust stacks / Driver for the other boat . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Hello Ian, Just bought a set of ehxaust stacks from Karl Chase on this forum(Merlin style). One piece but the mounting flanges are narrow. I am going to mount mine from the inside and use small pieces of birch ply to capture the ends. I've heard Larry Kreamer(correct me if the spelling is wrong) makes some some nice drivers, Regards, Glenn

Hello Glenn .

Good to hear back from you . In my original post , I forgot to mention that the exhaust stacks that I have use a very narrow oval base with a oval trumpet that extends out approx. 9 mm before having a round outlet with a ridge around it , more than likely these are made for a Rolls Royce , but I am not sure about this .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello Glenn .Good to hear back from you . In my original post , I forgot to mention that the exhaust stacks that I have use a very narrow oval base with a oval trumpet that extends out approx. 9 mm before having a round outlet with a ridge around it , more than likely these are made for a Rolls Royce , but I am not sure about this .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Hello Ian, I beleive we're talking about the same motor(Rolls/Merlin). Oval tapering to round outlets. Don't know about the ridges. send me a e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send a few pic's with dimentions. Glenn

Back