1982 Bud

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Wyble

Can anyone help me with the paint codes for the 1982 Dean Chenoweth Griffon Budweiser? Also who makes the BEST decal kit for this boat? thanks guys.

Can anyone help me with the paint codes for the 1982 Dean Chenoweth Griffon Budweiser? Also who makes the BEST decal kit for this boat? thanks guys.
Ok since no one answered my question I take it no one knew. I did find this out if anyone needs this in the future. The 1980 boat was painted in Emron, the restored boat at the Hydro Museum in WA used Detron

Gold Dust Metallic DBC 25212 Red DBC 71371 and White DCC 91096.

One more thing, where can I get a set of stacks for this boat?

Brent-

Troy McIntire can hook you up with stacks. For a graphics package Mike McKnight recently got his scale graphics biz going, I'm getting my Freddie's Club stuff from him. Both are members here on I/W. :)

Thanks for the pub guys! I can do that boat. I have both of the 80 boats, the 84, and 85 Bubble Bud done. If you have some detailed pics I can do it up in a snap. I've remade all the championship badges for those boats too since they changed from year to year. They aren't scan or traces either I redrew them from scratch digitally. The more detail you can provide the more detail I can give you back.

I'm about 4 sets deep right now but those will all ship out on Monday. Good thing too since I need to finish my Miller. Race season starts in less than a month. Will someone please tell me why I got the bright idea to paint this boat? I hate painting that's why I do graphics!

BTW Don as soon as I finish a commercial job next week I'll send you a screen shot of the Freddie's Club stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gold is dupont Imrom 4469UH. I will have to look up the rest of the colors when I get home. The gold on the boats prior to 1987 is darker than on the 1987 through 1993 boats when they switched to a sikkens custom mix.

Thanks for the pub guys! I can do that boat. I have both of the 80 boats, the 84, and 85 Bubble Bud done. If you have some detailed pics I can do it up in a snap. I've remade all the championship badges for those boats too since they changed from year to year. They aren't scan or traces either I redrew them from scratch digitally. The more detail you can provide the more detail I can give you back.

I'm about 4 sets deep right now but those will all ship out on Monday. Good thing too since I need to finish my Miller. Race season starts in less than a month. Will someone please tell me why I got the bright idea to paint this boat? I hate painting that's why I do graphics!

BTW Don as soon as I finish a commercial job next week I'll send you a screen shot of the Freddie's Club stuff
Sounds great Mike! :D

Mike that is what I need the championship badges for the 1982 boat, I have the rest of the set (including the badges but done real bad). how much for just the badges? Is that something you can do for me? I think the rest of the stickers are ok in the set I got but I will know in a couple of weeks after the boat gets new paint. Thanks guys. " also what does it take to change this boat to the Bubble Bud"? Besides the Bubble. I think the wing was on top of the uprights?

When you say "Done Real Bad" what do you mean? No detail or what? I usually print them on white or clear depending on the boat. If it's a white background I will print it on clear and contour cut them. I have a minimum charge of $15 at the shop but for that I'll send you a couple of sets in case you need to re do the dowl for any reason.

When you say "Done Real Bad" what do you mean? No detail or what? I usually print them on white or clear depending on the boat. If it's a white background I will print it on clear and contour cut them. I have a minimum charge of $15 at the but for that I'll set you a couple of sets in case you need to re do the dowl for any reason.
Yea Mike the detail was not very good on them. Where do you want me to send the check to?

I would think it would be near impossible to change this to the Bubble Bud. One the Bubble Bud the center section of the deck is raised compared to the sponsons. This was thie first boat to use molded sponson canoes.

On your boat, the deck is all one level and it just slopes down over the sponson tops.

Mike the check is going out tomorrow, thanks again. Harry you are right, the bubble also had some wings in the front by the nose, I thought they just added the bubble to the old boat but I guess not. I like the !982 anyway, it is the boat Dean got killed in. Don't see to many of these hulls running around so it will stay the same. As wide as this hull is it catches lots of air under the tunnel and really runs well.

Here are the remaining paint codes. As well as the codes for the 1987 and later boats.

1986 and Before

Gold 4469UH

Red 767UM

White 555U

Black 99U

All Dupont Imron

1993-1987

Sikkens

Red Autocryl RAO 3002

White Autocryl 00

Black 242SS

Gold (Custom mix)