1978 U - 65 Squire Shop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia . What brand of engine

was used in the 1978 U - 65 Squire Shop . The boat appears

to have the engine located behind the front cockpit area .

I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Here's some info from www.thunderboats.org

"Steil also briefly campaigned a second hull--THE SQUIRE SHOP II (U- 65)--at a couple of races in 1978. The boat was a former LINCOLN THRIFT. The Allison-powered U-65 finished sixth at Seattle with Pete LaRock at the wheel. "

Brent

Hello everybody .

Thanks to Wiki Wiki 1 for the quick reply . Now for the next question , I believe that the Allison motors were available as normally aspirated and turbocharged - which version is used for this boat . I look forward to reading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Definately a Turbo Allison with the turbo's behind the engine. You can get plans for one from Newton Marine or maybe you can talk Larry K into sending you a kit for that engine.

Ian - Please e-mail me : [email protected]. I have Turbo-Allison kits with everything except upper intake piping & exhaust collectors, all of which are pretty easily fabricated from different sizes of ABS or styrene plastic tubing (1/4, 5/16 & 3/8 inch dia). I'll send you a list & some pics - Larry K

Hello everbody .

Thanks to all the members that replied . I have looked on RC Unlimiteds and Newton Marine for some pictures of the boat . In some of them it appears to have no rear cowling and other pictures there is and it's shown with U - 64 on the deck . Not sure why , though . Larry , I have sent you a e - mail .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Hello everbody .

Thanks to all the members that replied . I have looked on RC Unlimiteds and Newton Marine for some pictures of the boat . In some of them it appears to have no rear cowling and other pictures there is and it's shown with U - 64 on the deck . Not sure why , though . Larry , I have sent you a e - mail .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

The U-64 is a different boat. They had two.

Latest posts

Back