1978 Miss Madison City seal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Atwell

Hey guys,

My dad's building the 1978 Miss Madison and we have all the decals, minus the city seal.

Can someone point us in the right direction of finding one, or maybe provide a picture so we can have it made locally?

Thanks!

pm mike McKnight on here he does a lot of decals etc....he has a waiting list but does good work...

Hey Brandon,

You mean this one MHR 7325 1978 U-6 Miss Madison ? the only pic of it I have.

Did you guys ever pick up the Sport 40 from Bellinger?? CHEERS !!! Bob

Madison.jpg

I have the Madison Seal for that boat but it is part of the striping on the nose of that boat. If that's all you wanted I could try and separate it.

Hey Brandon,

You mean this one MHR 7325 1978 U-6 Miss Madison ? the only pic of it I have.

Did you guys ever pick up the Sport 40 from Bellinger?? CHEERS !!! Bob
Yep that's the one.

And I don't think so, might need to remind dad about that.... Lol

And that would be great if you could Mr. McKnight. We only need the seal, the side cowling stripes we already have on the hull. Any idea when you maybe able to get it made up, if possible?

Here is the section I have. The insert of this one is white instead of gold like Doug's. The outer ring is yellow. I can make you just the seal without the stripes next week.

Hey Brandon,

I just found another pic this morning. Was posted in the past to show the "Husslin' Hoosier " graphic on front edge of cowl as I recall. Here's a good pic of the Madison seal on the '78 Madison. CHEERS !!! Bob

Miss Madison.jpg

The "Hurryin' Hoosiers" moniker was also a nickname for the Indiana University basketball teams of the 1950's.

10 - 4. Not up on my Hoosier history, and couldn't read it on pics. My Bad. CHEERS !!! Bob

One more little note on your picture, Bob. That shot had to be taken during the 79 season as the boat directly behind the Madison is the 7931 Circus Circus, driven by Steve Reynolds. In 78, the Circus team ran the former Valu Mart/Weisfields 7474 hull, meaning the shot could not be from that year. To take it one step further, the Madison was renamed and repainted as the Dr. Toyota in 1980, replacing the "Pak" style deck and cockpit lettering and Indiana graphic on the front of the cockpit with three colored full length deck and cockpit stripes with black letters on the sponsons and a "Smurf" inspired doctor on the front of the cockpit

Hey Mark,

That was the only pic I had for the 7325 White Madison, and the only pic of the real boat I observed offered up here to add additional info with Mike's graphics pic.

Master Hull Roster shows: " '78 U-6 Miss Madison"

I'm thinking Mitch has the info he needed, and has graphic by now. Boat may even be finished and running. What a concept. CHEERS !!! Bob.

Okay, but if someone needs it, here's the logo in it's all gold taken off the side of the Oberto/Madison truck. Obviously, the colors would need to be changed to match the 78-79 Madison graphics

Madison city logo.jpg

Back