1974 U- 95 turbine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheacguy

Just completed My boat. only thing to find is steering wheel. What dia. and how many spokes. Does anyone know where to find one? For the 1974 U-95 Turbine (no name) thanks!!

Just completed My boat. only thing to find is steering wheel. What dia. and how many spokes. Does anyone know where to find one? For the 1974 U-95 Turbine (no name) thanks!!
Try doing a search. I remember seeing a full cockpit shot but I do not remember details of the steering wheel.

Did you build it from Newton's plan? Can you post some pictures?

I am still trying to start mine. There was an old RCM article on using WOF to builld this boat. Bought the plan, have the parts cut but have yet to start assembling it.

Kez

Try doing a search. I remember seeing a full cockpit shot but I do not remember details of the steering wheel.

I am still trying to start mine. There was an old RCM article on using WOF to builld this boat. Bought the plan, have the parts cut but have yet to start assembling it.

Kez
Mine also is from the rcm magzine. where should I start My search for the cockpit photos?

DasBoatman or Joe Joe Wiebelhaus are the best to ask this question

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachm

ent=13162:7495__13.jpg] " What dia. and how many spokes. Does anyone know where to find one? For the 1974 U-95 Turbine (no name) "

Hey Dave,

These are the best I have of the cockpit area - hope they are of help. Just found a pic of the 7495 as the 1975U-94 Shakey's Special after the turbines were removed, Forward cowl appears to be the same as the '74 No Name, so I'd bet the steering wheel had not changed - best guess. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=13162:7495__13.jpg] " What dia. and how many spokes. Does anyone know where to find one? For the 1974 U-95 Turbine (no name) "

Hey Dave,

These are the best I have of the cockpit area - hope they are of help. Just found a pic of the 7495 as the 1975U-94 Shakey's Special after the turbines were removed, Forward cowl appears to be the same as the '74 No Name, so I'd bet the steering wheel had not changed - best guess. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson
Bob Johnson, as in son of Gus johnson? If so your Dad was one Hellofa great man. I meet him when I was 18 years old,35 years ago. I still have and race his 1980 candyman, it's my favorite boat. I sure hope You are his son I'd like to talk with you. Dave berry

"Bob Johnson, as in son of Gus Johnson?"

Hey Dave,

Yes, that would be me. Isn't the PM option a wonderful thing. I only come on the Forum periodically, so I completely missed this post until this evening. CHEERS !!! Bob

Kez
Mine also is from the rcm magzine. where should I start My search for the cockpit photos?
What kind of foam did you use? I am planning on using the pink styrofoam as it is easily obtainable.

Also, how are you going to make the cowl? Are you going to make it out of fiberglass? I am thinking of a one-off mould by shaping a foam block and then covering it with fiberglass.

kez

Kez
What kind of foam did you use? I am planning on using the pink styrofoam as it is easily obtainable.

Also, how are you going to make the cowl? Are you going to make it out of fiberglass? I am thinking of a one-off mould by shaping a foam block and then covering it with fiberglass.

kez
John Borden makes this cowl..............I got one for a friend

Back