1969 U 7 Notre Dame

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scalehydros

Hi Guys

I’m looking for the logo on the nose of the 1969 Notre Dame U-7; I have googled it for the last 10 hours and come up with heaps on the boat, but nothing of use on the logo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys

I’m looking for the logo on the nose of the 1969 Notre Dame U-7; I have googled it for the last 10 hours and come up with heaps on the boat, but nothing of use on the logo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I've run this hull for many, many years. This logo on the front of this hull is the official seal of the University of Notre Dame. I used to be able to get a mylar logo just like this from the University book store. It was used to put on luggage. Don't know if they still sell it, but it will get you started.

Steve Ball

Hi Guys

I've run this hull for many, many years. This logo on the front of this hull is the official seal of the University of Notre Dame. I used to be able to get a mylar logo just like this from the University book store. It was used to put on luggage. Don't know if they still sell it, but it will get you started.

Steve Ball

Thank you very much steve, i found the logo, its not the best but photoshop will fix that.

Hi Guys

Steve Ball

Thank you very much steve, i found the logo, its not the best but photoshop will fix that.
If that dosn't work for you, let me know. I have a new logo that I can try and scan, and e-mail to you.

Steve

Which seal is it that's on the nose? Is it the Commercial seal that has the ND crossed in the center or is the official seal that has a crest and other items in the center? I have a contact with the marketing department at ND that I aquired several files of original artwork from. If you send me a pic of the one you need I'll see if it's one I have. I have 6 different ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
SCALEHYDROS

I have one done up in vynal that you can have, send me your info in a pm. It is 2.9 in. in dia. 73.66 mm

MIKE Mc. ditto for you also. Also have it for the '72 ND

Ralph

Thanks Ralph,

Correction I have three seals...one has Latin letting around the other ring and the inset is a sword and bible crest with sort of a maltese cross behind it, Another is the same inset except lettering in the outer ring is in English and there is an accent around the outer edge of the entire seal. The last is the ND crossed in the center with lettering around the outer ring. I have an entire set of original ND artwork I aquired through a licensing agreement but I have since let it lapse.

re the ND crest - easiest place to get the 1/8 scale sized one is from Mike Gossler at PACIFIC GRAPHICS.

takes a little time but worth it in my opinion. he sells the entire graphics pkg too. good quality vinyl, sharp image.

i had same problem finding ND graphics. i couldn't get anything from the school and virtually nothing on internet related to the boat graphics.

pacific graphics' crest is the one with english wording in the outer ring and open book laying on book pedastal. the correct one for the 1969 Karelsen ND from what i can see in the available photos of the real boat and models i've seen.

i built mine using a steve muck hull, powered by a zenoah 23 gas engine.

good luck !

dave

I've since gotten a copy of the Pacific Graphics ND seal and I have since fixed some inaccuracies with it. I got a decent shot of the boat and consulteds the ND marketing department and made a complete new one as well as the rest of the boat set.

Back