.12 rigger turn fins

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

Since Mike closed up shop I am having a tough time getting turn fins for my .12 riggers. Who will make them? I can supply the design. Really the ones that Mike (Grim) made worked well, no need to change, just can't get them anymore....

Anyone?

Since Mike closed up shop I am having a tough time getting turn fins for my .12 riggers. Who will make them? I can supply the design. Really the ones that Mike (Grim) made worked well, no need to change, just can't get them anymore....

Anyone?
I can make them out of 16ga stainless. I will cut and form, sharpened by customer.

Anyone?
Is this a Road Runner type fin or an Eagle style turn fin? I would think .060 thick aluminum would be better for these smaller hydros. Email me at "[email protected]" and we'll see if we can help you with this.

Dick

I would be interested in a couple of the roadrunner type turn fins in the 12 rigger size.

Roy :ph34r:

Well I would send a pattern but I am just starting 12 size and dont have any patterns for that size boat.

:( :( :(

:ph34r:

Let me check.. we just might be able to get a few out to ya...

Grimracer
if you can Please let me know along with how you would like payment and pricing.I am new to the 12 size riggers so I dont know what your look like.Is there any way to get a pic of one?It does not matter I can work with what ever but would like to know.
Roy Roberts

[email protected]

Grimracer
if you can Please let me know along with how you would like payment and pricing.I am new to the 12 size riggers so I dont know what your look like.Is there any way to get a pic of one?It does not matter I can work with what ever but would like to know.
Roy Roberts

[email protected]

Roy, I'll post some pics up in my album of the one I'm using on my rigger, same one I had on my firefighter .12, actually think this one came from grim. I can trace the pattern and send it to you if you'd like to try to make your own. It's made outta 1/16" aluminum. Have to trace my steps back but I found a website somewhere that sells all sorts of aluminum and brass/copper sheeting fairly reasonably !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grimracer
Roy Roberts

[email protected]

Roy, I'll post some pics up in my album of the one I'm using on my rigger, same one I had on my firefighter .12, actually think this one came from grim. I can trace the pattern and send it to you if you'd like to try to make your own. It's made outta 1/16" aluminum. Have to trace my steps back but I found a website somewhere that sells all sorts of aluminum and brass/copper sheeting fairly reasonably !!!
!GREAT! I have a bunch of alm. sheet on hand in .060 and .080 and the saws and sanders and the mill to work with.

so I wold love to get some patterns.is yours eagle or roadrunner style??

if you could trace then scan and email that would be faster I think.But in the mean time post pics so I might get a look see.

Tanks Roy

Grimracer
Roy Roberts

[email protected]

!GREAT! I have a bunch of alm. sheet on hand in .060 and .080 and the saws and sanders and the mill to work with.

so I wold love to get some patterns.is yours eagle or roadrunner style??

if you could trace then scan and email that would be faster I think.But in the mean time post pics so I might get a look see.

Tanks Roy

I'll trace up a pattern for you to use and scan it and send it out tonight !!! The pics are up :)

Regards,

Mark T.

Mark,

I looked at all pics looks good.What I need to know is what is the depth from the botoom of the turnfin to the bottom of the spoon?

Thanks for the help.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to help on this one guys...

Hey Mike Z,.. If you're listenening,.. can you help us ge some accurate numbers on this 12 fin design?

Anthony,

I've got one! what do you need to know?

Don
Don I am trying ot get some or a pattern for a 12 size rigger turnfin.I am thinking of working up a few different syles to test with on Anthonys and my own design.I dont know if my design will even work but I had to to try.:wacko:

Roy :ph34r:

Back