1/8 Scale Vinyl Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
What's a good source for 1/8 scale graphics these days? I got a link off of the RCU site for Pacific Graphics and sent an email request for info., but haven't heard anything back. I know I got my Bud graphics from someone out west. I think his name was Mike Gossler. Anyway, I was just wondering where you guys were doing business on these?

What's a good source for 1/8 scale graphics these days? I got a link off of the RCU site for Pacific Graphics and sent an email request for info., but haven't heard anything back. I know I got my Bud graphics from someone out west. I think his name was Mike Gossler. Anyway, I was just wondering where you guys were doing business on these?
I went to signs now and they made mine for $125.00 73 redman, Wesleys custom grafics could do it,which Bud are you doing?.....Mike

Mike Gossler is Pacific Graphics. From what I understand your looking at 3-4 weeks to get decals from him. You could also contact Mike McKnight. He does them as well.

209-327-2842

[email protected]

Hey Mike..

Did Kenny talk to you about the 83 Miss Renault decals? Did Signs Now do those? Do you know if they still have the info on those decals?

My dad is building a kit from Newton Plans. Just curious.

Thanks,

Jay

Hey Mike..

Did Kenny talk to you about the 83 Miss Renault decals? Did Signs Now do those? Do you know if they still have the info on those decals?

My dad is building a kit from Newton Plans. Just curious.

Thanks,

Jay
Jay we just has a set done Signs Now did them call 812-473-5155 and tell them you want the set of decals that Buddy Benedict just got.If you need help i can get them and send them to you....Mike

Give me a call at 618-658-9597 (weekdays) I have a pretty large selection of graphics for 1/8 scale. I cinda do it on the side but I usually have them out the door the same day I get the check. If I don't have the set you want, send me your Newton plans and a fiew pictures and I will make them for 1/2 price. The cost varies but normally is around $95.00 pr set +shipping.

Give me a call at 618-658-9597 (weekdays) I have a pretty large selection of graphics for 1/8 scale. I cinda do it on the side but I usually have them out the door the same day I get the check. If I don't have the set you want, send me your Newton plans and a fiew pictures and I will make them for 1/2 price. The cost varies but normally is around $95.00 pr set +shipping.
How about a set for the Smokin Joes? Or, at least all the decals for the vertical fins and horizontal wing? I'm building a new set of fins.

Thanks.....

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/albums/userp...0x%20771%29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A very good friend of mine from high school has a vinyl shop here in town. He does some of the most tricked out stuff in town. Does all my boats, trailer, etc. Has done Trailer Decals for Joe Warren as well..

I may get him to look at the Newton Plans, I am sure he can do that. I forgot about the print/art work detail sheet.

I'm also doing the 65 Bardahl. Do you make a set for this hull?

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/albums/userp...ardahl_mof2.jpg
I took my newton plans with a couple photos to signs now and they made them no problem. Wes should be able to make them if you dont have a signs now in your area. I opted for signs now cause Pacific grafix could not provide the Indian decal @#$! that was the most important one....Mike

How about a set for the Smokin Joes? Or, at least all the decals for the vertical fins and horizontal wing? I'm building a new set of fins.

Thanks.....

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/albums/userp...0x%20771%29.jpg
I don't have Smokin Joes. I would be glad to make them for 1/2 price. The only problem is that it may be hard to match the colors on the boat with the new wing graphics. If you have an old wing with some of the old sticker I might be able to reproduce them.

Thanks for the pub Russell. By the way , Russell your Squire stuff will go out this week.

I'm getting ready to bust out with my website here soon currently I have graphics sets for about 52 boats with others that have not been assembled as a set yet. I also have graphics sets for 4 of the current fleet of 2005 boats including the LLumar, Oberto, Elam, and FormulaBoats.com. I can also to full color graphics that are printed and contour cut. Thus I'm able to do stuff with gradients like the Chrysler-Jeep logo and complex graphics like the current U-5.

I also do most of my cut vinyl in high perfomance cast vinyl rather than calendared vinyl. What's the difference? Calendared vinyl is pulled and stretched and heated as it is made. It is cheaper typically not rated as high for longevity as cast vinyl is. Cast is as the name implies, cast and rated with higher longevity. It also is more readily available with different types of adhesives. I have had problems in the past where calendared vinyl has distorted or curled when cleared over. it is due to problems with adhesives and the temperature at which different clears flash sometimes affect the vinyl. Since I am a scale boater in NAMBA District 9 I have experienced most issues first hand and have tried to eliminate them so you don't have to go through them too.

I also will scale the graphics to match your hull since not every builder builds to the same dimensions I will go over the dimensions of your boat with you before the graphics go out. If I don't have it I can make it. I do a lot of work myself plus I have 2 friends and associates that are graphic designers. So if you have pics and paint schemes I will offer discounts for stuff that can add to my catalog. Most sets I can turn around in as little as 24hrs some longer. As I am a full time sign and graphics business I have an ever increasing workload and sometimes I run short on a color so that may delay things sometimes. As is the case right now I'm waiting for one color of vinyl that I ran out of because of a corporate job. Plus I am doing full color graphics for two tractor trailer rigs and a van wrap so my gear is tied up from time to time on big jobs.

I also have a pretty large collection of racing graphics since I do a lot of motorsports trailers. Plus I have a bunch that can be used for riggers and monos too. If you want to reach me my number is 209-333-2306 and you can email me at [email protected]. My website is still in the development stage and will be up soon with a catalog of boats.

Ok guys after quite a few emails as to a boat list. I have part of my new website done for scale boat graphics. I was planning on waiting until I had more pics of the rest of my work like van wraps and commercial and fleet graphics but I don't have the pics from my photographer back yet.....but hey of course I've got lotsa boat stuff! Boy are my priorities outta wack! My website is www.prolinemedia.net and the only link that works as of today is the one for RC Boats. The rest is coming.

It's funny I don't even have business cards or a yellow page ad yet my existing business contacts are keeping me plenty busy. Of the 50-60 boats I have listed most are completed sets and can be cut or printed readily. Some I have the graphics on various libraries and they need to be assembled as a set fairly easily. I look forward to helping make your boats look killer....

One other thing I forgot to mention guys......if you want a BIG A$$ poster size pic for concourse I can do that. Part of what I do it printing big pics and graphics for vehicle wraps and Tractor Trailor rigs. I can print pics, if the resolution is decent on the original, 5 feet wide by whatever tall. I have vinyl on rolls like Kodak Photo Paper that are 5 feet wide and yards long rolled. I'm doing a 28" x 36" inch print of my new boat for next year. I can mount the print to a PVC foam backing and ship it. Runs about $18 a sq ft with backing. just FYI.

Got my Squire Graphics in today. Mike did a great job on these. They were applied within an hour. If the weather looks good this tomorrow, I may be shooting the clear.

Thanks again Mike. They are perfect! :)

Russell, yer killing me! That boat looks great! I'm kicking myself in the fanny for selling the one I had. I was going to repaint and redo the graphics on that boat. The paint job was good but a few of the graphics were wrong like the wrong driver name and there wasn't a Bardahl decal. But that boat ran great. I so mad I sold that now. I have a cowl and molds for the wings maybe I'll build another one or maybe the '85 Squire Brittania boat someday. Make sure you send me pics for the gallery when you get done outfitting it.

By the way, big changes are coming to my website next year. I'm in the process of making webshots of the graphics sets for all the boats in the lists. Meaning if you click on boat name a picture of the set will pop up. They will look much like the pic of the Master Tire stuff I have up there right now. The design software I use is very flexible and I can make webshots of the original files so you can see what you're getting. It may take a while since my list of boats seems to be growing daily. I just added about 5 more with about 10 more on the way soon.

One other thing, I've changed a few things on the website. To get to the boat lists you need to go through the Products and Services link and scoll down Scale link.

Made a few changes to the website. I now have a few webshots of various graphics sets. When you scroll down the lists you cna click on the one that have a link and you can see a grouped shot of the set for that boat. More are coming I just haven't had time to do all of them. I have also added about 8 more sets including the 87 Cellular one and a few Bud boats. There will probably be about 5 or 6 more going up in the next couple of weeks.

Back