1/8 Scale Turbine Exhaust Pipe Source?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007clint

Can anyone tell me where I can find a 1/8 scale turbine exhaust pipe? I want an Aluminum or thin Stainless Steel one and it need to be about 3 3/4" diameter x 9+" long.

"I want an Aluminum or thin Stainless Steel one and it need to be about 3 3/4" diameter x 9+" long"

Clint,

You can get thin Alum. Flashing from Home Depot/Lowe's that will work. Cut the length you want, wrap it around a Ajax can - - and you have it. I prefer to use 1/32 birch ply, soak it in water, wrap it around that same Ajax scouring powder can, held in place with rubber bands and tape until it dries, then super glue strips of 1/32 ply about 1/4" wide to simulate the reinforcement bands some of the big boats use, seal it paint it silver/ alum. color, and you've got it. The nice thing about making it out of ply is: 1. generally lighter and stronger 2. You can easily cut away material to give you the effect, without the headache of trying to bond the alum, to a wood aft deck. CHEERS !!! Bob

Back