1/8 scale pipe thru transom

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Time to run the exhaust out the transom. Would 5/8" thin wall tubing be o.k. or should I go with 3/4"? The stinger o.d. is .512". Thanks, Glenn

Time to run the exhaust out the transom. Would 5/8" thin wall tubing be o.k. or should I go with 3/4"? The stinger o.d. is .512". Thanks, Glenn
I have always 3/4 myself
Thanks Douglas, 3/4" inch it is. I have some 3/4" coupler but it's too stiff to squeeze down on a .512" stinger. Build a sleeve to fit between the stinger & coupler? Teflon o.k. ? Heard it's good to 500 degrees. Thanks, Glenn

I have always 3/4 myself
Thanks Douglas, 3/4" inch it is. I have some 3/4" coupler but it's too stiff to squeeze down on a .512" stinger. Build a sleeve to fit between the stinger & coupler? Teflon o.k. ? Heard it's good to 500 degrees. Thanks, Glenn
There is differant ways in doing it. But I do not use the couple going out the transom, to hold the pipe back in place. So I do not pull the 3/4 down Id to the .512 OD dim. Thanks Doug

Last edited:
I have always 3/4 myself
There is differant ways in doing it. But I do use the couple going out the transom. To hold the pipe back in place. So I do not pull the 3/4 down Id to the .512 OD dim. Thanks Doug
I put a piece of 3/4 in the transom and have a piece of 5/8 going into it . I find it easy to angle it that way by wedging one in the other at an angle. Then a Piece of silocone heater hose from the auto parts store will last forever.......

Back