1/8 Scale Gas Thunderboat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenBeller

I want to build a 1/8 scale Oh Boy Oberto this winter, can anyone recommned best hull and engine combination. Looking to be very competitive.

Thanks

ken

If you are looking for a wood hull kit, i offer them, www.ml-boatworks.com, if you are looking for a glass hull try www.rcboatcompany.com. thanks, Mike, ML Boatworks

If tou want to build i would look at blazer marine is you want fiber glass look at rc boat company or insaine boats.And for engine it has to be stock

Ken,you mention you want the boat to be competitive.I don't know whether you are in a NAMBA or IMPBA area,but the dimensional requirements are different.Check with the hull manufacturer whether his boat meets the appropiate requirements.Generally boats that meet NAMBA dimensions are good in IMPBA,but IMPBA dimensions may not be OK in NAMBA.

Also the Classic Thunderboat class is larger than 1/8 scale,which is nitro powered.1/8 scales are about 42" long,while gas powered Thunderboats are 47" to about 52" long.

Harvey

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken Don recomended a zip kits bullit to me. The kits go fo a good price and the build is simple and straight foward. Just another choice not saying it better than anything else. All the hulls mentioned are great hulls.

Gentlemen, thanks for the support. I think I will go with a carbon fibre hull from RCBOAT COMPANY. I and considering making this a 10S electric. Does anyone have experience with this hull in 10s electric and what motor and speed controller is recommeded.

ken

Back