1/8 Scale engine - What to do?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschigoda

To All:

I am thinking about getting back into R/C boat racing (1/8 Scale). I have a OS Max .65 Racing Marine Engine from around 1989, with very little use on it. Would this engine be competitive in 1/8 Scale these days? I would only run it in the Wisconsin/Illinois area.

Does O.S. still supply parts for this engine?

The last time I bought a new racing engine was was back in the early 80's, I paid $50 for a new K&B .21 Inboard Marine, and I paid $80 each for two new O.S. Max 46's - from Indy R/C. My... prices have really changed!

Dave

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

To All:

I am thinking about getting back into R/C boat racing (1/8 Scale). I have a OS Max .65 Racing Marine Engine from around 1989, with very little use on it. Would this engine be competitive in 1/8 Scale these days? I would only run it in the Wisconsin/Illinois area.

Does O.S. still supply parts for this engine?

The last time I bought a new racing engine was was back in the early 80's, I paid $50 for a new K&B .21 Inboard Marine, and I paid $80 each for two new O.S. Max 46's - from Indy R/C. My... prices have really changed!

Dave

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
You can start with it but at some point a Mac or Cmb will be in your future. Id just spring for a good used greenhead cmb and build around it that way you wont have to deal with problems making the fake motor fit later or driveline issues........Mike

Back