1/8 Scale details

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Stollfuss

I'm looking for the exhaust tips for a 1/8 scale, I've seen on other boats just the 6 exhaust tips sticking out from each side of the cowl. Where do I find these?

Also, what would work good for the rear facing air intake replica for a Alllison or Merlin? Something chrome? I don't need the entire engine as there is a complete cowl covering the engine compartment. Just the exhaust tips and the air intake are seen outside of the cowl.

Thanks.

Josh-

I'm looking for the exhaust tips for a 1/8 scale, I've seen on other boats just the 6 exhaust tips sticking out from each side of the cowl. Where do I find these?

Also, what would work good for the rear facing air intake replica for a Alllison or Merlin? Something chrome? I don't need the entire engine as there is a complete cowl covering the engine compartment. Just the exhaust tips and the air intake are seen outside of the cowl.

Thanks.

Josh-

Josh, I know that both Troy McIntyre and Henry Velasko has exhaust stacks, as well as I am sure others do as well, I made my intake scoop from a thin piece of sheet nickle silver, this will polish up just like chrome and solders easily to make the scoop trace the side profile from the plan, or figure out how it should look, then figure the total width on a piece of file folder lay the profile on one side (square and plumb etc) add the width and then reverse the profile and add to the end this will be your cutting patern see drawing I don't explain well, you can also detail this up as well, small brass screen from K & S and you can also do this in brass sheet and plate it with a cheap brush plating kit from caswell (30 bucks will do a lot of items ) or use some of the k & N tin sheet and polish it, then shoot with clear.

hope it helps

scoop.jpg

Thanks I had been thinking of doing something similair for the scoop but making a template as shown in the drawing will work perfect.

Josh-

Back