1/8 hydro unknown hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheacguy

I need a little help with two hulls I have. A couple years ago I found a 1/8 unlimited hull in a Train hobby shop. I asked about it and the owner said his friend was making them. I got in touch with the builder of the hull. He said that it started out as a Jones/staudacher hull, conventional pointed nose, but he had redesigned the sponsons. he said He had changed it 3 or 4 times till it ran the way He wanted. These two hull are perfect, two of the best looking hulls I have seen. I wanted to make the 1952 Such Crust IV. It was the first 1/8 unlimited I had built back in 1979. But the hull is to big, both width and length. Let Me give you Guys the measurements and you give Me some ideas. length 45 1/4 width 19 1/2 afterplane 23 3/16 tunnel width 9 7/8 tunnel depth 1 1/8 I have the cowling for one hull, and a allison motor for the other. the cowling is one piece rounded up front with rounded sides and a flat top to drivers compartment, rounded sloping back with head rest that runs down the back where fin should be. So there it is can any one HELP!!!

I need a little help with two hulls I have. A couple years ago I found a 1/8 unlimited hull in a Train hobby shop. I asked about it and the owner said his friend was making them. I got in touch with the builder of the hull. He said that it started out as a Jones/staudacher hull, conventional pointed nose, but he had redesigned the sponsons. he said He had changed it 3 or 4 times till it ran the way He wanted. These two hull are perfect, two of the best looking hulls I have seen. I wanted to make the 1952 Such Crust IV. It was the first 1/8 unlimited I had built back in 1979. But the hull is to big, both width and length. Let Me give you Guys the measurements and you give Me some ideas. length 45 1/4 width 19 1/2 afterplane 23 3/16 tunnel width 9 7/8 tunnel depth 1 1/8 I have the cowling for one hull, and a allison motor for the other. the cowling is one piece rounded up front with rounded sides and a flat top to drivers compartment, rounded sloping back with head rest that runs down the back where fin should be. So there it is can any one HELP!!!
Pics say a thousand words.........Who built them Herb?

Pics say a thousand words.........Who built them Herb?
A guy named David Morris from north fla. he does fiber glass design work for a living. thats all i know it was about 7 years ago.

Back