1/7 Turbine Scale Twinwing Hydroplane

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

My good friend Peter Muller has finally finished his fully handmade Turbine Scale,,,This boat is hand made along with all the Hardware.. The Gearbox drawings was crafted by Peter himself.. Test starts have indicated RPM at over 155.000.. and the gearbox exit is at 30,000 at the prop.. He has made numerous test runs and made minor sponson adjustments and has gone to the paint shop...BUD RED with the Budweiser design... Guys I've seen some craftmanship in my scale days and this scale is in a class by itself... Roger Newton will be on hand at the Winternats,,with these two guys no telling what will come of this....

Last edited by a moderator:
Not in Turbine form,,going to put a lge nitro motor in her any suggestions and motor????????????? :eek:

Mike,

It will depend on the final weight of your boat. I would think a CMB 80 or CMB 101 should do the trick. :lol:

I had a customer throw a CMB 101 in a gas sport hydro and I am not sure how well it ran. The CMB 101 and a

Octura 1667 ought to be quite a fast set up.

Good Luck On This One,

Mark Sholund

My good friend Peter Muller has finally finished his fully handmade Turbine Scale,,,This boat is hand made along with all the Hardware.. The Gearbox drawings was crafted by Peter himself.. Test starts have indicated RPM at over 155.000.. and the gearbox exit is at 30,000 at the prop.. He has made numerous test runs and made minor sponson adjustments and has gone to the paint shop...BUD RED with the Budweiser design... Guys I've seen some craftmanship in my scale days and this scale is in a class by itself... Roger Newton will be on hand at the Winternats,,with these two guys no telling what will come of this....
See the pictures of the boat in my album

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=766

What prop is he using?

Thanx

Mike is the Orlando club going to let him make an "exibition" run with the boat??? And if so do you know what day?? I was planning on making the trip over for at least one day , that would surely decide what day for me. Let me know PLEASE. Thanks Andy .

" Believe it or Not" use Prather 275 cup 7.5" or ABC H2518 cup 7.25" :lol: :p

Guys if you have any questions please call Peter Muller at 561-568-9301 from 9- 5 EST.... He will be glad to answer any and all of your questions.... ;)

Need to inform everyone that Peter will not be running his Turbine Scale at the Winternats.. NAMBA's Insurance doesn't cover Turbine powered boat, so we will not do anything to cause any problems for NAMBA or the Orlando Culvert Dodgers Lake site... But PLEASE stop by and look ant this truly masterpiece of work... We are trying to have a video done in time to show in the trailer.... Thanks for your understanding.....

Looks to me like that gearbox and interior arrangement would be PERFECT for a serious FE powertrain... ;)

Back