1/12 unlimited graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked this up from another forum called graphics design forum.

As for designing the wrap, I would highly suggest buying the template for the vehicle.

Here is how I used to do it when I did wraps.

Open the template in illustrator, we were using a template a 1/10 scale. I would select the entire graphic, and scale it 166%, this would now give me 1/12 scale, which is an inch to a foot. Next copy the entire graphic, open a new doc in Photoshop at 1200dpi and paste your graphic. Now you have workable panels in photoshop to do your designs. After designing your panels, simply copy them into a new document and add your bleed, it varies from vehicle to vehicle. But anywhere from 4-8" should do the trick. Flatten and print, and leave the rest for the installers.

Getting the images to contour from the sides to the hood, is pretty tricky, I always try to avoid designing anything that would stick me into that guideline. It can be done, but you will need to give boatloads of bleed, and the installers have to be on there game. Good luck!

The entire conversation can be found here:

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/sh...0473&page=1

Hope it helps.

who can make these ????

I second the vote for Mike Mcknight at proline media, he did up a nice set for my 1/10th scale and my 1/8th scale and am sure he can scale them down for 1/12ths as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pub guys. I can make sets in any size even for the full size boats if someone gets a hankerin' to do a full size restoration. The procedure for using Adobe Illustrator previously in this thread works but is very long and involved and is meant for doing vehicle wraps. It refers to templates that are available for cars trucks and vans that you can use to design and size the graphics on the wrap. Last time I checked nobody makes templates for scale boats. I do a lot of work in Illustrator but I use something else slightly more flexible and powerful than Illustrator for actual production. I can size things to a 10,000th of an inch.

The problem I'm having right now is I've been hampered by a mechanical failure on my cutter and it has been shipped back to the manufacturer for repair. Thank god for warranties! I'm not able to get anything out right now but I hope to be back up and running next week. As soon as I'm back online I'm going to bust my a$$ on getting everyone that has stuff on order out ASAP. I've had a rediculous run of commercial work the past couple of months with all the political signage I've had to do and boat stuff has been backing up and I apologize for that I will toss in extras for everyone that has been waiting. I know everyone is getting into the winter building mode and I am trying to get back to my boat as well that I haven't really touched since August. Please be patient wih me for just a little longer and I'll get caught up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanksfor the update Mike,,,need a 1/12 scaled down version of Formula U- 1 nothing major , my son is going to run this boat......like father like son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Good news for those that have stuff on order with me. My cutter manufacturer says they have my unit repaired a little earlier than the previous rediculous estimate. Supposedly it will ship out today and I should have it Monday and I will be back up and running soon after.....I hope. Thanks for being patient with me this has been almost a 4 week battle with them.

Ok guys after nearly four frustrating weeks I got my cutter back late yesterday afternoon. I have it installed and back up and running. I will be busting my fanny through the next few days on JUST BOAT STUFF to get caught up. I have a couple of commercial jobs waiting but they are not due till next week. Keep an eye on your mailboxes as I hope to blast out about 20 orders over the next week or so. Sorry again for the wait.

Back