IMPBA members - sport 40 strut location

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should IMPBA sport 40 racers be allowed to loctate strut -

• only underneath hull as current rules specifies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • on transom or underneath, builder's choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Please feel free to post constructive comments or questions. I personally have made my position on this clear in the past but in light of the newly passed sport 20 rules I'm curious as to how other IMPBA members are thinking.

I have run with NAMBA & IMPBA over the years. Since I now live in an IMPBA Area, I set my boats up under IMPBA Rules that I can also run under NAMBA Rules (a drive dog length aft of the transom). NAMBA membership has defeated a proposal to allow Transom mounted struts in recent years. I would prefer the rules be left alone. I have NO DESIRE to have to build one boat for IMPBA Rules, and another for NAMBA Rules. I hope you get warm weather on the East coast SOON !!! CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

I have run with NAMBA & IMPBA over the years. Since I now live in an IMPBA Area, I set my boats up under IMPBA Rules that I can also run under NAMBA Rules (a drive dog length aft of the transom). NAMBA membership has defeated a proposal to allow Transom mounted struts in recent years. I would prefer the rules be left alone. I have NO DESIRE to have to build one boat for IMPBA Rules, and another for NAMBA Rules. I hope you get warm weather on the East coast SOON !!! CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson
I hope only people that run this clas only vote in this poll otherwise its going to be ussless...Mike

I have been a Sport40 designer, builder and racer for 15 years now. I was against putting the struts on the transom for a long time, wanting to keep the tradition alive. I started designing Gas sport hydros in 2003 in which the struts get mounted on the transom. It makes it so much easier and cleaner to mount the strut on the transom. For this reason, I am in favor of giving the racer a choice. Most, if not all of the current limiteds and unlimiteds have transom mounted struts.

Brian Blazer

www.blazermarine.com

The current rules for the sport 40 should stay as they are. I started boating because I like the look of the unlimited hydro. The sport 40 rules make it so I can run a less expensive verson of a scale. Why start changing something that works. Like another post, when you change the rules you open the door to alot of interpratation. Next thing you know, you'll have the outriggers clipping decking to there sponson tubes and calling it a sport 40.

P.P My real name is Ed. I haven't figured out how to change my login name yet.

I have been a Sport40 designer, builder and racer for 15 years now. I was against putting the struts on the transom for a long time, wanting to keep the tradition alive. I started designing Gas sport hydros in 2003 in which the struts get mounted on the transom. It makes it so much easier and cleaner to mount the strut on the transom. For this reason, I am in favor of giving the racer a choice. Most, if not all of the current limiteds and unlimiteds have transom mounted struts.

Brian Blazer

www.blazermarine.com
Hey Brian, What unlimiteds have a transom mounted strut?!?!!?

BTW thanks for the receivers.

Brian,

OOPS...you made me realize that the unlimiteds are not putting them on the transom. I am more familiar with the limiteds. My vote doesn't change though. :)

No problem with the receivers.

thanks, Brian

Please feel free to post constructive comments or questions. I personally have made my position on this clear in the past but in light of the newly passed sport 20 rules I'm curious as to how other IMPBA members are thinking.
my rc marine designs bud painted u-13 turbine cowl works great just as is,,,,,

going to try and run it in the dist 12 sport masters race in fredrick md.

hope i remember how to do nitro

steve

I relate the Sport 40 class to NASCAR. With all of the technology, they still keep a lot of things old school like 5 lug nuts per wheel and no fancy onboard air jack system.

What if the C-box racers started griping that the bottoms of their hulls were too flat?

If the rule got changed it still would be optional as to where the strut was placed and I wouldn't expect to see everyone switching over to a transom mounted strut.

my rc marine designs bud painted u-13 turbine cowl works great just as is,,,,,

going to try and run it in the dist 12 sport masters race in fredrick md.

hope i remember how to do nitro

steve
Steve it's just like running gas boats but you don't have to have rotor cuff surgery after starting one. Remember? :p :D

Back