liner squeezer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronald van Essen

Hi everyone

On the website of Chris and Steve Wood( yes-woodrcboatproducts) I see an item called Liner Squeezer.

With the little description I know what its for, but any one used it? How would you rate it? Is it worth the money? Is it possible to damge the liner?

Please some comments and thoughts on this.

Thanks Ronald.

:huh:

Lotta people use'm and I guess they have their place,,I just don't happen to be a fan of'em.

Have just tried the small "tubing cutter" around the piston method and I'm real happy with the results.

The best thing about this method is that it can be done over and over with just the "slightest" amount of work,,Remember the word "slightest" :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lotta people use'm and I guess they have their place,,I just don't happen to be a fan of'em.

Have just tried the small "tubing cutter" around the piston method and I'm real happy with the results.

The best thing about this method is that it can be done over and over with just the "slightest" amount of work,,Remember the word "slightest" :huh:
Hi Jerry,

Could I ask how this method works please ?

Ian

Hi ronald,

The liner squeezers work great. The nice thing about them, unlike some other methods is you don't have to do any cutting on anything.. and you can use this tool over and over.. I know what it is like to have a really good p.s and get it all cut the way you like. then it wore out and you have to do it all over..

You can screw up a sleeve if you DON'T follow the directions. but it is very simple to use.

but the squeezer is marked on which side to insert the sleeve..

If you have any questions please let me know

Thanks

Chris

The resizer unit I got from Grimracer for my NR engines does work. Must be careful with it and rotate it to get a decent and constant roundness to the sleeve. But it remains much guesswork in my opinion. I located a much better longer lasting solution that eliminates the guesswork last year and will offer it to others.

It is a resizing service for .12 & .21 engines, primarily focused on car engines but marine and plane engines can be done as well. I sent 3 sets of NR pistons and sleeves to be resized. Two I wanted to medium and one to new tightness. The new one was just like brand new and had to be completely rebroken in. It costs $15.00 per set and I get them back in less than a week. I have not had to redo them yet. Compare that cost to the price of just one P/L set for a NR engine.

Work is done by a master machinist. Website is The process is explained in detail and on line ordering is available. Head button refinishing service is now available as well.

Just another economical option available for us to consider.

The resizer unit I got from Grimracer for my NR engines does work. Must be careful with it and rotate it to get a decent and constant roundness to the sleeve. But it remains much guesswork in my opinion. I located a much better longer lasting solution that eliminates the guesswork last year and will offer it to others.

It is a resizing service for .12 & .21 engines, primarily focused on car engines but marine and plane engines can be done as well. I sent 3 sets of NR pistons and sleeves to be resized. Two I wanted to medium and one to new tightness. The new one was just like brand new and had to be completely rebroken in. It costs $15.00 per set and I get them back in less than a week. I have not had to redo them yet. Compare that cost to the price of just one P/L set for a NR engine.

Work is done by a master machinist. Website is The process is explained in detail and on line ordering is available. Head button refinishing service is now available as well.

Just another economical option available for us to consider.

John,

Rayaracing has a nice kit which requires a press, I'm sure it works very well. The basic idea

with sleeve refit is to get that .001 or .002 thousands back on piston to sleeve fit for good, to great

compression. With the simple tool made at Wood Racing, you can do it between heats if needed.

I've used it on big blocks and .21 motors several times, and still keep gettin fit back. There is a

finesse to it , and some have offered this service to bring a P/L back to new condition which will

require break in. Check RC BOAT.com past issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an idea how to make a real tool but Rayaracing is way ahead of me. That is the only right way to do it. Pinching on a side = oval, oval is bad unless piston has the same shape. Piston will feel tight but engine might run marginaly better for very short time and then will run worst than before.

From my experience .21 engine that is well taken care of and broken in properly it will run very well for about 5-6 gallons before it slows down a bit and about 5-6 gallons after that. 10 gallons is about 150 heats or 30 races or couple years worth of racing and that is not too bad.

I had an idea how to make a real tool but Rayaracing is way ahead of me. That is the only right way to do it. Pinching on a side = oval, oval is bad unless piston has the same shape. Piston will feel tight but engine might run marginaly better for very short time and then will run worst than before.

From my experience .21 engine that is well taken care of and broken in properly it will run very well for about 5-6 gallons before it slows down a bit and about 5-6 gallons after that. 10 gallons is about 150 heats or 30 races or couple years worth of racing and that is not too bad.
I've used a collet and lever collet closer in the lathe to snug one up before. Fairly good results. More round when applying the pressure

John,

Rayaracing has a nice kit which requires a press, I'm sure it works very well. The basic idea

with sleeve refit is to get that .001 or .002 thousands back on piston to sleeve fit for good, to great

compression. With the simple tool made at Wood Racing, you can do it between heats if needed.

I've used it on big blocks and .21 motors several times, and still keep gettin fit back. There is a

finesse to it , and some have offered this service to bring a P/L back to new condition which will

require break in. Check RC BOAT.com past issues.
Well Mark V. used his tool on my Mac67 scale hydro motor at the end of the 04 season because the fit was getting a bit loose. Raced that boat all during 05 in two dist points series to first places in each dist. Just a simple thing that seems to work very well.

PHIL

Latest posts

Back