Silent Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn 787

I was notified today that the Super Salami of R/C, NAMBA Hall of Fame member and the man who was most known for his chisel nosed sport boats and Oh Boy! Oberto scale unlimiteds passed away today.

Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Ira Cotton.

Thank you.

Al Waters

IMG_0935.jpg

I was notified today that the Super Salami of R/C, NAMBA Hall of Fame member and the man who was most known for his chisel nosed sport boats and Oh Boy! Oberto scale unlimiteds passed away today.
Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Ira Cotton.

Thank you.

Al Waters

IMG_0935.jpg
:huh: Nice Guy and Smile! I met him through Nats Namba Say God Bless from Allan

Hate to hear that Al .

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Ira's family from ALL of the D-3 Namba guys Im sure....

I met Ira for the first time at the 1969 IMPBA Internats in San Diego(actually it was a little outside of San Diego). A real gentleman. He was racing a Sport 40 at that race. The thing I remember most is the Sport 40 guys would go "grude racing" after the official racing was done. That was something to see. I also met Ed Hughey for the first time at that Internats.

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so saddened this AM when I got the email from Al. Ira was a true gentleman. My thoughts and Prayer's go out to Ira's Family..

What an awesome guy. He was there to help my with my very first nitro boat. He is the reason I didn't get discouraged and quit my first day out. It is a shame he will not get to mentor any other new boaters.

You will be missed Mr. Cotton. Thank you for all you have taught me.

And to anyone else who sees a kid getting going down at the pond, give them a hand. They will always remember you.

Met Ira in the 80's at the RENO Nat's ..Was always willing to give a new boater a helping hand and encouragement...

Gentleman Ira Cotton..

God bless you and hold you in his hands.

You are a Super guy who gave wholeheartedly to all of us in the hobby.

Richard

I didn't realize that this post was even here. Sorry about that. Those of us on the Oberto R/C race team in SoCal (Art Oberto knighted us) were honored to be his pallbearers at his funeral. We all wore Oberto race team shirts similar to what Ira was wearing in Glenn's posted picture. The immediate family got to meet his other family.

The shirt you see Ira wearing along with a 77 Oberto race pin, his Oberto ID badge with his NAMBA number, and a NAMBA Hall of Fame apron went with him.

The Super Salami of R/C with the chisel nosed boats will always be remembered. Thanks everyone.

Al Waters

I didn't realize that this post was even here. Sorry about that. Those of us on the Oberto R/C race team in SoCal (Art Oberto knighted us) were honored to be his pallbearers at his funeral. We all wore Oberto race team shirts similar to what Ira was wearing in Glenn's posted picture. The immediate family got to meet his other family.
The shirt you see Ira wearing along with a 77 Oberto race pin, his Oberto ID badge with his NAMBA number, and a NAMBA Hall of Fame apron went with him.

The Super Salami of R/C with the chisel nosed boats will always be remembered. Thanks everyone.

Al Waters
By all means a great man,I never met him but feel the loss just from the words ive read. Sounds like any one he touched has touched, back rest in peace. I hope you guys have a race to honor such a man that gave so much to his hobby.....Mike

Back