90 eagle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

Took this on trade for ready to run gas mono fun boat.Had a water blast pickup and giant scale servo.Put a regular water pick up rudder on it.I didn’t like the linkage on the giant scale servo so I put a standard size servo with straight tig rod linkage.The boat had a Teflon liner for flex shaft yanked it out pull strut installed standard 5/16 brass tube and extended the shaft for the short style rs engine.Milled the motor rails for the engine and replaced the nylon spacers to fit the tub.Need to find a header and buy new flex shaft the one boats too short.The cowl was cut up with extra holes used some 1/32 g10 on the inside of cowl and filled the cutouts with west system and fairing filler.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0678.jpeg
    IMG_0678.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
  • IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
  • IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
With help from Mark I was able to get a header it was 18 degree so I had to bend it turned out good.The pipe was same diameter as the header pipe so I used my wirsbo expander.Got the cowl primered next I need to paint it.Wheres the best place to buy the header spring?

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpeg
    IMG_0687.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
  • IMG_0685.jpeg
    IMG_0685.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Thanks Mike got the cowl painted should have went another round of filling the pins holes but ran out of primer didn’t want to buy more so I painted it.Waiting on flex shaft to show up other wise it’s done.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
  • IMG_0688.jpeg
    IMG_0688.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Received the flex shaft borrowed a Boris flow gauge from Adam set it to 48 test fired the engine.I have never ran anything bigger then 67 size nitro wise.Wasnt sure what I was thinking this thing is a beast it’s loud and proud!Im going to put a muffler on it hopefully try it out Saturday thinking on a 2717/2 prop I have two.Im hoping there’s someone from the old rooster tails club there to help get it setup.

Last edited:
Received the flex shaft borrowed a Boris flow gauge from Adam set it to 48 test fired the engine.I have never ran anything bigger then 67 size nitro wise.Wasnt sure what I was thinking this thing is a beast it’s loud and proud!Im going to put a muffler on it hopefully try it out Saturday thinking on a 2717/2 prop I have two.Im hoping there’s someone from the old rooster tails club there to help get it setup.
This thing should be a rocket, can't wait to see you run it Bruce.

Back